No announcement yet.

Ikaruga Xbox live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never played it, so I can't wait.. I love me a shmup.

Comment

My skills are rusty aswell, it's going to take a lot of practice before I can beat a few people on here I reckon.

I can chain the first two stages rather well but from the third stage onwards I just fall over and die.

Comment

It's nice getting back into this. Feels like coming home ha ha,. Not that I was ever that great at it. I'm currently hitting just over 2 million.

How do you get an A grade on level 1? Best I've managed so far is B+. Is the grade score-based? Or calculated by max chains?

Comment

Score based I believe. I hit 2010040 on the first stage with a 39 max chain and got an A rank.

Comment

Forgot how insanely difficult this game is! (or how amazingly **** I am at it!) Determined to get past the third level this time round lol. Eitherway does look nice, good conversion .

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post

I can chain the first two stages rather well but from the third stage onwards I just fall over and die.
              you are pathetic

staying alive is hard enough for me, even on easy difficulty. so i guess i wont ever bother with doing chains or participating in score runs.

however, since i never made it through all five stages i will at least try to beat the game this time. online co-op and continues should also help to achieve this.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                Score based I believe. I hit 2010040 on the first stage with a 39 max chain and got an A rank.
                Now that's annoying, as I've managed a higher chain but less score

Cheers. I'll keep at it.

Comment

Only replays of the top 100 scorers can be uploaded online.

THAT'S annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                    only 49 MB? then i doubt that they reworked the stereo sound to proper surround sound.

someone knows if there's a decent arcade stick available for the 360?

oh, and does a mint Ikaruga DC copy sell at all on ebay these days?

@ Capcom:
                    since when do you have a Panasonic projector? is it a PT100 or PT200?
                    I think the DOA stick is good.

Off topic a bit: I bought the AE-700 at the end of 2006. It was 2 weeks before the standard 2 year norwegian warrenty ended & I bought a new bulb The last day of this period the power supply died. A known problem with the AE-700. To my amazement, they swapped the power, the ballast and upgraded it to 1.7 firmware (Full HDMI 1.3 support) for free.

It cost ?300 for the panny and ?280 for an official bulb.

I did post a few years back:

I have been delighted with the projector, and now have 180 hours on what is basically a fully refurbed unit, with latest software and new bulb.

When I think that ?600 gets you an average 37inch TV, I think that I am very content with spending the same on a 200inch display!

But as a projector owner, you know that already!

Comment

Had a burst at lunchtime today - as addictive as ever; that the music is superb doesn't get said enough.

It does of course suffer from the feeble 360 d-pad - looking forward to cranking out the Hori stick tonight for this

Comment

Well, I have to be honest. This is the first time i've 'felt' this game.

I have it on both the Dreamcast and the Gamecube and on both formats i've gotten far too frustrated with it to thoroughly enjoy it.

Maybe it's the leaderboards or the achievements, I don't know, but the game just feels right. It looks good, it plays good, and i'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.

Entered the Normal difficulty scoreboards with 4,928,590 putting me in 121st place.

Desperate to beat that 5 mil barrier.

Comment

Do the bosses time out if you aren't shooting them, I was going for the dot eater acheivement , I got to the first boss and was dodging away but died once too many.

Comment

I've heard that you can complete the whole game without firing, so I guess the bosses would just sod off after a while.

Comment

VF5/DOA stick be perfect for this if your after one.

I only ever played it on DC with the official baby crushing stick. Adored the game although I can only get to level 3 on one credit. Rebought it on cube and will be rebuying it on live tonight or tommorow when my migrane settles down.

Its me second fav shooter now after Battle Garraga (RS is 3).

Comment

Yes you must have to do the whole game (feck that!) as I just did the first level and the boss sodded off

Comment

Working...
                                X