Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ikaruga Xbox live

just downloaded this seems a pretty good conversion

dont know if its just me but on my non hd tv the picture quality seems far better then the dc and cube versions

Looks like you can save replays to ....havent played the dc or cube version for ages but i think some of the options like the semi tutorial and practice mode are missing

aghh been so long i have forgot the enemy patterns
    Last edited by eastyy; 09-04-2008, 08:48.

Whats the sound like, is it 5.1?

Comment

SOB... *Cry's*

Only a shift away......

Comment

sound seems good not sure if its 5.1 though

Comment

I phoned my Mrs at home & talked her through the process of turning on my XBox & downloading Ikaruga. That was fun :|

Comment

Lol

its a small download 49mb......so i am starting to think that perhaps in the dcs and cubes case not much of the disc was used Lol

Comment

Well known factoid there squire.

Not even going to attempt to get the missus to try and download it though.. No chance.

Comment

Just grabbed it - absolutely rocks

Haven't played it for ages and ut's still impossibiliy hard.

Comment

I have had a couple of games, memories came flooding back!

Great game great conversion AND the ability to view the videos of other players and on-line leaderboards is superb. A truly MUST HAVE for the 360!

Comment

Excellent. Looks great on a HDTV, online scoreboards and downloadable replays! This is the best 800 points you could ever spend on XBLA! (Well apart from Rez!)

Comment

Only let down is the crappy d pad on the 360 controller.

Comment

This work with a stick?

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                          This work with a stick?
                          Well you can use analogue or d-pad on the 360 controller, so yeah it has to work with a stick

Comment

I should hope so - but I dont have one.

Comment

Dunno. But ive always used the analog stick with Ikaruga, the d-pad on the original dreamcast was an abomination aswell as the D-pad on the gamecube.

Excellent conversion, i noticed that the draw distance is better whereas in the DC or GC version you will notice a lil blur on the girders on launch satellite as the screen is coming up to it.

Ive stuck it on easy as i haven't played it in an age as i need to re-learn my techniques for the bosses. I can do the first and most of the 2nd level without dying, only died when i got to the boss.

Another thing, is that im use to the speed on the pal version (stupid atari no 60hz). So its alot faster than im use to.

The game itself is as great as it ever was and its been improved on XBLA. Best game on XBLA imo.
                              Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 09-04-2008, 10:44.

Comment

Working...
                              X