Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YOUWIN View Post
    no idea not my thing, sorry.
    not sure how the "hoes" can be treated, never noticed any (but wasn't looking either.
    Thats it for me now - no more till tonight - kids in da hoose
    Give me your copy until they leave/sleep please

I'll give it back honest

Comment

nice try

one thing i forgot to say earlier - i always put on subtitles in games if there is the option - its worth doing this in the beginning of the game as Nico speaks in his native tongue as well as english. Subtitles are in english

Comment

Seany - looks like 2 hiphop stations, one playing old school stuff (gangstarr etc) the other playing rnb/hiphop ... quite a number of tracks so won't list them all

First impressions of the game .....

Opening credits are quality - love the way that the credits are mixed in with the action on screen, a particular highlight is one which is written on a suit case being carried. Not been in any fights yet, but bought some new threads and been on my first date (getting the priorities right for the new immigrant).

Cars seem to handle ok - wide turning circle though (might be the ****ty car I was driving that though) and the mobile phone works particularly well.

One thing that needs highlighting is the sound - playing it in 5.1 and every single speaker is throwing a different sound source at me, music from one, pedestrians shouting at each other from another, narrative from the npc in the car from another, traffic noises from another and the gps voice from another ... bit overwhelming at first if truth be known.

Now back into the city....

Comment

Damn, sounds pretty much standard GTA stuff so far, but in super duper quality lol. Im actually amused at how the first page was filled with discussions on running in the game, lol......

Can someone confirm that you can take yah music to yah mobile phone and play it whilst doing missions? Was not really confirmed in the headlines thread.

Comment

That might be later in the game -

already been told that I can upgrade my mobile phone as I become more successful, pretty basic Mobi that you start off with.

You can set ringtones though - will have a play about with it to see if you can set radio tunes.

Ps in the manual there is a phone number you can use which will tell you any of the tracks you hear on the radio, not tried it yet though

Comment

Nice one for starting the thread, YOUWIN.

Not had much time to play but it`s exactly what I was hoping for, it isn`t perfect, but it`s great.

My main gripe at the moment is if you have an HDTV you can`t see **** all at night time without turning the brightness up. Also I`m finding it hard to get the sfx and music balance right, I love the tunes pumping out, but even with the radio fade I can`t hear what people are saying due to traffic or other noises.

I`ve been messing with my mobile and I`ve been changing my ringtones and stuff, took a bird bowling and got wankered on an afternoon session with my cousin. Well funny we were both staggering around in the street, falling into cars and being a nuisense.

Getting my groove on to some Electro Choc (shock), wicked!

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                Damn, sounds pretty much standard GTA stuff so far, but in super duper quality lol. Im actually amused at how the first page was filled with discussions on running in the game, lol......

Can someone confirm that you can take yah music to yah mobile phone and play it whilst doing missions? Was not really confirmed in the headlines thread.

yeah wheres the revolution we were promised sounds pretty much like a next gen GTA booooooo, it will sell no matter what i suppose if it ain't broke dont fix it comes to mind lazzzzzzzzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  yeah wheres the revolution we were promised sounds pretty much like a next gen GTA booooooo, it will sell no matter what i suppose if it ain't broke dont fix it comes to mind lazzzzzzzzzy
                  Lol!

Comment

Why do people expect every sequel to reinvent the genre?

Comment

what i've seen so far of the game didn't impress me, but maybe this was due to the los-res footage i've mostly seen...

so how is the game technically? like draw distance, loading times, framerate, polycount, animation, textures and sound design for instance?

and does the 360 version support the HDD like the PS3 does?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        Why do people expect every sequel to reinvent the genre?
                        Don't get me wrong I'm sure its great fun and i will probably play it to death and love it, i suppose i just bought the hype that this would be something new and different and not just a next gen gta,

stupid leb when will you learn to not trust teh hype he always lies

Comment

Rockstar have already said that the difference is in the detail contained within the city. If this dramatic increase in little details is not what your looking for, then you could be disapointed !

Comment

Totally agree, what revolution were we promised?! I have only played a few hours so far but it is clear to see this one of definitive next gen titles. Brilliant so far, detailed impressions coming soon.

Comment

now the important question is there an 80's radio station ? This is the one thing i want most

Comment

Is there an active weather system? does it rain?

Btw has ANYONE tried to play online yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X