No announcement yet.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 in development!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubisoft has delayed Skull and Bones by up to a year again and axed three projects on top of the four prior ones due to weak performance of its releases. I suppose BG&E2 is technically announced so still somehow safe...?

Comment

Holy **** they delayed Skull and Bones AGAIN?! Just let it die already! Cannot way for the eventual Schreier article on it.

Comment

Ubisoft is just a mess. All that battling to fend off that Vivendi take over and they seem worse than if they'd allowed it to happen. There's news doing the rounds that Yves has sent out a message to the staff essentially saying they're the reason the company has underperformed and need to work harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/st...5Es2_&ref_url=
          Ubisoft has delayed Skull and Bones by up to a year again and axed three projects on top of the four prior ones due to weak performance of its releases. I suppose BG&E2 is technically announced so still somehow safe...?
          Honestly that game has the devil's luck. It wasn't an amazing idea from the get-go (i.e. going full For Honor on the sailing bits of Assassin's Creed). After Sea of Thieves came out, it became redundant, save for being multiplatform.

Does the director know where the bodies are buried or something?!?

Comment

reaping what they sow, and what they've been sowing is low effort production line of lots of small dev's teams mashed together to making committee designed tick box simulators with no vision behind them. I wish they'd die off but France's tax payers will have their back if they want to or not.

Comment

Total lack of diversity is now their undoing, same mistake all the other pubs make in just pumping out by the numbers sequels thinking the golden goose is immortal.

Comment

I honestly can't remember when or where I read this but I have it in my head that at some point I read that Skull and Bones was funded in such a way that it meant that Ubisoft is required to release it. However, it's been mismanaged to hell and every delay seems to be an attempt to try and make it into a version that might recoup some of its insane costs when it otherwise seems destined to be a crippling failure. TBH, given Ubisoft just posted poor results it wouldn't shock me if the delay was just to soften the financials blow by punting a game that added to those results would blow a hole in the company's side. It's a DOA project much like BG&E2

Comment

Ubisoft shows off Skull and Bones' "narrative gameplay" in new devstream | Eurogamer.net
                  40 minutes of Skull and Bones gameplay

Yup

That's an Ubisoft game

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    Ubisoft shows off Skull and Bones' "narrative gameplay" in new devstream | Eurogamer.net
                    40 minutes of Skull and Bones gameplay

Yup

That's an Ubisoft game
                    Far Cry on the seas. Yawn.

Comment

Just can it already

Comment

Yeesh. I feel bad for the people who've been working on this.

Comment

I mean, BgE is basically a 3rd person action game in a similar way to Ratchet isn't it? I don't know how it's taken 14 years so far?!

Comment

Emile Morel, the Creative Director of the long gestating sequel, has died aged 40

Comment

Wow! That is incredibly young. I hope it was not related to work stress or extended crunch-time encouraged by Ubisoft that was the cause.

Poor guy.

Comment

Beyond Good & Evil 2...0th Anniversary Edition leaked by the ESRB

Comment

Working...
                                X