No announcement yet.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 in development!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After finally getting Shenmue 3 and FF7 Remake, never say never, always the possibility of it being announced next year, got to save some surprises for next E3. Who knows maybe Nintendo will surprise everyone by having it up as an NX exclusive

Comment

Beyond Good & Evil 2's E3 no-show sparked a flurry of reports into the status of celebrated designer Michel Ancel's rol…

Ubisoft says the IGN rumour isn't true and that Ancel is still working as creative director on many projects at Ubi.

It'll come.

Comment

First gameplay footage, hate to say it but it still looks 100% unrelated to the game it's a sequel to and still looks nowhere near release state

Comment

It doesn't look too unrelated to me. Long time since I played the first but I recall a lot of swishing a stick about in combat and driving a vehicle - a hovercraft, but a nice idea for it to be more to do with flying now.

It looks a looooong way from being done though.

Comment

Beyond Good & Evil 2 will include the main characters of Beyond Good & Evil, Ubisoft has just confirmed during its E3 p…

New trailer shows Jade and Peyj, it's reeking of next gen though given we're still knee deep in CG trailers.

Comment

And now you too can work for Ubisoft. For free.

Just send them your work and they'll put it in the game, saving them having to employ and pay people for it

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                And now you too can work for Ubisoft. For free.
                If your work is used in any of the final assets we deliver to Ubisoft, you will be paid - for more info on payments check out THIS VIDEO. To learn more about the game, visit bgegame.com
                It's not unpaid if they actually use your work.

Comment

That's good - it's not something they made clear in the presentation, it sounded like they were just crowd sourcing assets. I'd read the submission T&Cs carefully though, there are often clauses in there that grant them usage rights in the small print.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    That's good - it's not something they made clear in the presentation, it sounded like they were just crowd sourcing assets. I'd read the submission T&Cs carefully though, there are often clauses in there that grant them usage rights in the small print.
                    They're using HitRecord. It's quite a well-known service, so it'll be as above-board as you could possibly expect.

I mean you have to be prepared to sign your rights away, but then it is a crowdsourced endeavour.

Comment

A beta version of Beyond Good & Evil 2 is due for release towards the end of 2019, creator Michel Ancel has said.Ubisof…

Ancel has stated that the game is aiming for a beta late next year suggesting a targetted 2020 launch, 17 years after the first game

Comment

Ubisoft has confirmed that Michel Ancel's very-long-awaited Beyond Good & Evil 2 won't be putting in an appearance at t…

Livestream next week but missing E3 again

Comment

Bloody hell, remember this?!

Looks like it's still happening:
                          Beyond Good and Evil has been conspicuously absent from the last few Ubisoft Forward events, but Ubisoft Montpellier has provided a reassuring update that all is well with the game.

"Guillaume Brunier, senior producer on the game, says, "Beyond Good and Evil 2 is well underway and we are currently concentrating on core development and production milestones." Brunier commented on the departure of Michel Ancel, who announced today that he would be leaving the team to work on his "second passion." He'll no longer be working on video games, and is instead preparing to work with a "wild life open sanctuary dedicated to education , nature lovers and ... wild animals.""

Comment

Lol. Leaving to work at an animal sanctuary. Classic Ancel move.

Comment

Meh, this is another one of those games that's going to take years and years longer to release than usual that only end up disappointly poor as the original vision evaporates with respect to time.

Just like Star Citizen, but with less crowd begging.

Comment

The clips I've seen of that game are obnoxious beyond all compare and endurance. Especially the chimp. Not a quality chimp. I'd be quite content if it never saw the light of day.

Comment

Working...
                                X