Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has everyone been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still massively hooked on everybody's golf on ps3. its amazing. playing it online only now as all the single player is done, and taking part in the weekly tournaments with the peeps from rllmuk.

working my way through taiko no tatsujin mecha-something-whatever on the DS too.
    and keep meaning to go back and play more of dark mist. i'm definitely making progress, and not using continues either. although i might succumb just so i can scope out a few levels i dont know so well.

i really want to get some time into taiko and dark mist before battle fantasia arrives next week, as theres just tons of games i want over the next couple months. no summer drought at all as far as i'm concerned.

Comment

This week I have been mostly playing:

Haze - I say mostly playing - this has been in the machine for about 2 hours and I'm pretty sure it's being traded in for a credit note in preparation for the wonderment that is bound to be MGS4. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong and I got properly caught up in the hype for this one. The next game from the FRD boys is going to have to be pretty amazing if I'm going to have any hope of forgetting what a letdown this has been. Please understand, I'm not saying it's rubbish, just not what my stupid head had built it up to be

PGR4 - Picked up a cheap Xbox 360 Arcade for HD DVD goodness and have been playing this a fair bit upon returning home from work. Personally I think it is the best driving game on this current batch of consoles. I don't tend to go for majorly realistic sims so GT & Forza never really grab me (still buy 'em though ) This is just the right side of arcadey.

Amped 3: By the Gods this game is a laugh riot!! I actually finished it back when the 360 launched but I'd forgotten how brilliant it was, and indeed still is. Not bad for ?7.99!!

Comment

Working my way through Resistance, great game, loving the story.

The PSP has seen a change, had Star Soldier in the slot for the best part of a year but now getting some practice in on Initial D in preparation for the release on it's big brother.

Comment

Rune Factory 2 on DS
          Airport Hero: Narita on PSP
          Link's Crossbow Training on Wii

Comment

Mario Galaxy and Zelda: Twilight Princess.

If you couldn't guess; I've brought a Wii.

Comment

Etrian Odyssey on the DS, MGS : PO on the PSP.

Conan, Ninja Gaiden, F1 and GTA4 on the PS3 and some Wii Fit

Comment

Still playing Smash Bros Brawl. I think, if no other games were released before 2009, this could quite easily last me the rest of the year. It's ridiculous.

GTAIV's been put aside recently so I downloaded LostWinds this week, which is quite nice.

Comment

Finally got around to finishing Super Mario Galaxy the other night, although I only 'finished' the story so I still have plenty of stars and extras like the comets and trial galaxies to do. Just as well really coz I barely play my Wii these days and there's not much on the horizon that really interests me for it.

I've had my Famicom out all week as I went on a little Famicom spending spree and have a steady stream of new titles dropping through my letterbox.

Comment

I finished Dynasty Warriors 6 this week, was my first DW game and to my surprise I really loved it. Ended up with 900/1000 points, the last 2 achievements I'm not going to bother with. Maxing out all characters and finishing all scenarios on chaos is a little too much for me.

Also took the time to finally finish SotN on XLA, even died a few times at the end so I had to listen to Dracula blabbering 3 times in a row...a good reminder why cut scenes should be skippable.

And I got back into Sega Rally Revo, which is going to take an iron will to finish. Great game though, despite all the criticism it has received I highly recommend it to anyone who likes arcade racers.

Edit: Found out about mygamercard.net this week also, which is really a very nice site. In fact, I'd love to see this integrated in the dashboard, it's fun seeing how you compare to the rest of the world and it really gave me some incentive to go back and finish some older games as well. It also reminded me to go back to DMC4 and try to finish hell in hell.
                    Last edited by Sane; 30-05-2008, 07:29.

Comment

Finished off Bully earlier in the week, it was good fun i enjoyed it. Not a long game though, less than 2 weeks it took me.

Made a start on Gears Of War (yes, i know), it's quite slow and cumbersome (i've recently played a lot of R6V2) but other than that it's fab. I got halfway through act 1 then started again with a mate, very enjoyable in co-op.

Also start Stuntman Ignition last night, i wanted something that was a bit of a no brainer and have fond memories of the first one. It's good fun and suits perfectionists so i was right in there, some of the scenes are very long though and take a huge amount of retries.

Hoping to get some good gaming in on the weekend too

Comment

I played a bit of SMG, up to 70 stars now. Tried the rescue peach level and died 11 times and gave up for a bit. I think that when you get burnt, making you lose control of Mario is really bad design, as on lava levels you end up running from the lava and when the effect wears off, often you're still on lava and you get hit again; really poor behaviour for a game that's got such a rich design pedigree. Rant over.... I'll get back to it soon.

Also played two more Colosses in SOTC. That game is simply majestic. Riding around on Agro, standing at the top of a cliff with the wind blowing your tunic around is a feeling that just can't be beat. Like something out of a Sergio Leone movie, just more morose and a little bit emo.

Comment

An assortment of my PS2 games, but mainly Ibara. It rocks!
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Completing all achievements on Mater-National.

Oh, and trying to get in to GRAW but realising how bad I actually am.

Comment

Rockband - attempting to do the vocal career and playing Band Tour with my daughter

Finally pikced up GTA4 on 360 yesterday so will be spending some time with that too

Comment

Not played a single game this week! Would've been finishing off the mirror mode cups on Mario Kart Wii on Monday had I not run out of batteries. Swine.

Comment

Working...
                                X