Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has everyone been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played a bit of Haze - not bad so far, a little pixeljunk monsters on ps3 and then warlords, Grid and MXvs ATV on the 360

I am loving Grid and MX so far fantastic stuff.

Comment

Half Life 2 - 360 - One of the best but want to finish this to start on Episode 1
      Everybodys Golf - PS3 - Great game!
      Conan - PS3 - only a ?5 from Zavvi but not my thing so will get traded for GRID today
      GRID demo - PS3/360 - want to get it but which version..............

Comment

Rockband - PS3. I've just finished the Drums solo career on medium, I'm happy that I didn't fail a song.

Mario Kart Wii - Haven't touched the single player but online is great fun. Easy to pop into for a few minutes or a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
          finally completed the main story on donkey kong king of swing. it really is a fantastic game and you can pick it up for such a low price (got boxed mint jap version for a couple of quid off ebay), it's really another jewel in the gba crown. truly original style of gameplay with more variety then you would imagine when you start playing. i'm still playing, collecting the coins and coconuts to unlock stuff. it's quite difficult in some parts (mostly because i didn't realise until the end that you could stock up on bananas (for lives)). anyway, it's more of a challenging difficulty that you know you can crack with practice. not like deep blue or some **** (seriously, stay away from that game, it is the work of the devil). hope i've not stepped on your upcoming review charles, if it's still in the works
          That's EXACTLY what happened to me. I was trying to one-life the whole game essentially and when I mentioned to arada how diffiicult it was, and he said he thought it was really easy, I began to wonder if I was missing something I had managed to get to the final level - hardcore! I will still review it, but I've been doing one for Xyanide ressurection (was playing that last week) and Target: Terror and next week, I'll try and play Ghost Squad some more and review that (top top top game).

Comment

Originally posted by Sane View Post
            Edit: Found out about mygamercard.net this week also, which is really a very nice site. In fact, I'd love to see this integrated in the dashboard, it's fun seeing how you compare to the rest of the world and it really gave me some incentive to go back and finish some older games as well. It also reminded me to go back to DMC4 and try to finish hell in hell.
            Not quite the same, but have you seen this: http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/gxboxlive.php

Comment

Metroid Prime Corruption - finished on Hyper with 100% of items. Have to admit though it is a great game I found many of the boss designs and battles to be incredibly tedious, and a few times I was close to giving up but my stubborn nature would not allow me to. Really disappointing after the amazing bosses from Echoes.

Smash Brothers Brawl - superb game with so much to do, think I have just one more character to unlock then about another million CDs, trophies, etc...

Okami - played for about 5 hours but already I know this is something special. The whole world seems so alive and vibrant, I now see why people felt that Twilight Princess appeared empty at times.

Endless Ocean - surprise hit of the year for me this, been plugging away steadily for the past few months.

Went into the Abyss for a night dive a few days ago, could not see a thing til I did a quick turn then BAM - sperm whale and giant squid hurtling towards me, side by side. Shat me up!!

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post

Endless Ocean - surprise hit of the year for me this, been plugging away steadily for the past few months.

Went into the Abyss for a night dive a few days ago, could not see a thing til I did a quick turn then BAM - sperm whale and giant squid hurtling towards me, side by side. Shat me up!!

I'm really tempted by this. It's pay day and play.com have it for ?15. The only thing putting me off is that I played the ps2 version (a while back) and was underwhelmed by it. Is this likely to change my mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                  Is this likely to change my mind?
                  I dunno. But at least it is way more polished, that's for sure.

Comment

Mostly Sega Superstar Tennis - it's great fan service, but pretty dull all in all.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      Not quite the same, but have you seen this: http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/gxboxlive.php
                      Hey that's pretty cool, never noticed that before. How can I sign up?

Comment

Rock Band for me, the only thing I've bought for ages and I've been having great fun

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                          I'm really tempted by this. It's pay day and play.com have it for ?15. The only thing putting me off is that I played the ps2 version (a while back) and was underwhelmed by it. Is this likely to change my mind?
                          uhh im pretty sure you'll find that endless ocean is only on the wii...

Comment

I finally finished Portal, and I must say I am BLOWN AWAY! I never realised the game was going to take a turn to

half life.

Brilliant brilliant brilliant.

Also been playing some Grid demo, and lots and lots of GTAIV.
                            Last edited by capcom_suicide; 30-05-2008, 10:41.

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
                              uhh im pretty sure you'll find that endless ocean is only on the wii...
                              There was a ps2 equivelent or two. Forever blue or something. I'm pretty sure they are part of the same series,

Comment

Forza2; is there any other (serious) racing game ? ...

SuperstardustHD; I'm quite addicted to ENDLESS mode. trying to beat the score of one of my friends (38mil) ....

Motorstorm; the best arcade racing game since Outrun2 !

waiting now for NinjaGaiden to arrive...

Comment

Working...
                                X