Ninja Gaiden 2 demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Gaiden 2 demo

Just started playing it now. The demo is set to easy on default, so its hard to say whether or not the difficulty will be a problem in the retail. But yeah, the easy mode is rediculously easy.

Graphically. Jesus christ, its not great to look at. Especially when Itagaki hyped it up to be, so far from what i played it looks worse than sigma.
    But damn, the gameplay is still there. It is rediculously good to play, the new finishers are wonderful. Limbs flailing off everywhere. I seriously can't wait for this to show up in my house next week, the new weapons are fantastic.

EDIT: TBF i know ive given the graphics a rollocking. But the death and body parts and blood look really good. This is only the first area so far, so it might improve on the later levels.
    Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 30-05-2008, 12:10.

Ninja Gaiden 2 demo

Righty, Just had a go on this 20ish minute long demo.
    There is 1 difficulty to choose from "Path of the Acolyte" Warrior difficulty appears to be not selectable.
    Graphically the game is just below DOA4, clearly the bigger more polygon intensive levels take longer to make and require a bit more juice, they lack in detail and are often very flat and featureless. Not to the same extent that the reskinned Sigma was mind.

There are a choice of 4 Weapons in the demo, maxed out for your pleasure, which can be switched with the D-pad, the game pauses/freezes when you are in the D-pad menu.
    I also had access to 2 different magic attacks.
    The camera itself seemed a lot more automated than the original game/sigma and require less interaction to get to where it wanted to be, alhtough occasionally it would move into a strange place with an enemy or something obscuring my vision.

Good gracious the game is a gore fest, you can lop off all 4 limbs and decapitate your enemies also, enemies even fight valiantly with 1 arm if you cut the other off and immobile legless enemies will lie there are throw shuriken at you!
    It was quite an enjoyable experience on the setting I was playing on, enemies were agile enough to not die straight away and not total meat sacks for you to carve ups.

The cutscenes in the game lacked something and certainly are no way as polished as DMC4 (as an example), this may be due to the decision to do them in game.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      you can lop off all 4 limbs and decapitate your enemies also
      Quick, somebody recreate the battle scene from Holy Grail.

Comment

It's funny you can combo a single enemy until he is just a torso!

Comment

Ever since I saw the first ingame footage, I figured NG2 would look like **** given what Itagaki did to DoAX2, and actually DoA4 too. Team Ninja pretty much sucks this gen so far.

Well from what I played, NG2 is indeed not a great game imo. Its not bad per se, just not anything Itagaki promised with his trashtalk. Its exactly what I thought it would become, a decent action game. I was not a big fan of the 1st NG to begin with, mainly the boring characters and stages were wat kept me from totally embracing it. Now MS is trying to do some Haze-ish damage control, to say the reviewcopies suck way worse than the retailcopies. But I don't entirely believe that.

So far the ratings have been mildly enthusiastic too.
          Last edited by saturn-gamer; 30-05-2008, 14:11.

Comment

Forgot to mention that you can choose between english/japanese voices. thank **** for that , as they are hidious in english. Having them in japanese is better than turning off the sound!

Comment

Is there a boss in the demo at all?

Comment

No, just 2 different kinds of enemies. It is pretty much the tutorial that you play.

Comment

Initial impressions from me are good. The slick style is appealing and the realistic ease of decapatating enimies; contrasting to the unrealistic - but cool - way they continue to fight on despite missing numerous arms and legs is a cool idea. I didn't use any other weapons other than the Katana as I prefer the simplicity of the sword, rather than the other over-designed weapons.

I also stood a chance of living and didn't die once in the demo; which made it more fun for a Ninja Gaiden noob like me. However, in the final game i'd imagine the bosses and later levels will be far to punishing like its predecessor. So I don't imagine myself spending £40 on this at release.

And the visuals, to me, looked fantastic but I did notice slow down when lots of enimies were being displayed. I however, have ignored Itagaki's 'crazy' lectures about NG2, so maybe I wasn't expecting as much as the guys who got on the hype train.

Comment

Anyone notice the shot of the DOA4 sakura stage?

Comment

A picture you mean? or the low level water canal thingy that you fight by? As that reminded me of one of the DoA4 levels.

Comment

During the opening cutscene it shows a part of the building that looks identical to a stage in DOA4

Comment

Oh, I completely missed that. Next time I'll see though; next time Gadget

I must say how bizzare the end of the demo was in the cutscene, I know NG2 doesn't follow realism, but there's a massive gap between them building, yet he still manages to land a couple floors below the roof.

Comment

He's a Ninja that casts Magic!

Comment

Do you need a GOLD Japanese account to get this, or will a SILVER do?

Comment

Working...
                              X