Crash Time (Demo) - 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash Time (Demo) - 360

Not sure if anyone saw this pop up on marketplace the other day - but this is genius - its a mission based driving game based around you as a police traffic accident investigator (I think!). It uses the World Racer engine (anyone remember that from Xbox1?) to create a free roaming (sortof) recreation of German Autobahns and cities. The demo is fairly generous giving you around 5 missions and 4 races, besides the terrible voice acting - its pretty fun, nice to get out of the grittiness of GTA's Liberty City and back out into open spaces, framerate is better than GTA4 too.

Theres also a variety of things like following cars, an offroad bit, checkpoint races - a particularly memorable bit is a mission where you must get to the motorway service station quickly as possible! Its all so utterly European that I can't help enjoy burning down a slip road and merging onto a dual carriageway at 90mph. Forget about busting drug deals or knocking off banks - THERES BEEN AN ACCIDENT ON THE A4 AND YOU MUST FIND THE SHODDY SUSPENSION PARTS DEALER.

How can this not be the best game ever?

The best line of dialogue in the demo has to be

- "He's stopped to use a cash machine"
    - "Yes, that does sound suspicious, I'm on my way!"

Probably would be best as a 1200 point XBLA title, but I'm looking forward to a budget release for this soon.....

This already has been released mate, was a couple of weeks back if my memory serves me right.

Comment

Hmm yeah. So it has... http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-...e/Product.html

Anyone got the full game?

Comment

Hello once more!

yep, myself and a couple of others have the full game.

I love it it feels just like the classic Need For Speed games in places.

Has a nice european feel to it too.

Graphics from 2003 though

Comment

Love the demo, the sense of speed and arcadey handling is great. Definitely going to pick this up when done with Stuntman Ignition.

Comment

Not a bad demo at all game wise, but for me it's (as mentioned) the dialogue that makes it superb - It literally sounds like one bloke did ALL the male voices in the game!

I would definately be tempted if the price was right, sub ?20 ideally!

Comment

I really wanted this to be more like Runabout - it's cheesy enough, and looks the part but it's not destructive enough.

Comment

It reminds me of the first two Burnouts before Criterion turned the series into a shiny destruction derby.

Comment

I tried this last night thinking it would be crap (with all the budget awful racers about like white van racer) and it was lots of fun.

Loved the mission in the jeep on the gravel track with the jumps

Comment

I've been playing the demo today.

+ The visuals are good. It also moves well.

- Many aspects of the game are badly designed.

- If you crash into another car - the replay happens 2seconds later - which is disorientating.

- The arrow system - telling you when to turn, isn't as good as those found in other games ( Burnout etc....)

- The voice acting & music are very poor.

Overall, there is little design & artistic flair. The devs are techncially competent - but games need more than that, much more.

A good publisher needs to take the developer under their wing - and hook them up with some good designers. There is a lot of potential.

Comment

I bought this after really enjoying the demo. The full game is even better, theres been some superb chases and moments. Lots of fun, a cracking budget game. I love the way we can still get small company games like this on big consoles.

Apparently its based on some krout tv show.

Comment

I just gotta post and say how awesome the music is on the demo! I could sit there listening to it all day lol

Anyone else have trouble with clicking in the left analogue stick while driving and activating a replay thing all the time? Cause i did

Comment

Working...
                        X