Battlefield: Bad Company demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chosen_one666 View Post
    Can you blame them? They are a business after all, and their priority is to make money, same as any other big company out there.

Why should they go to the effort and expense of making something that they know isn't going to do anywhere near as well as it would need to break even?

The same reason Ubisoft are making Beyond Good and Evil 2, to want to make exceptional games. Not every single release needs to hit #1, unless your EA of course

/high fives tyse

:/

Comment

Originally posted by Plisken View Post
      Yeah, Rallisport Challenge 2 was absolutely stunning and they had direction from Microsoft. If EA are so bloody great where's Rallisport 3? none-existent because the sales wouldn't be strong enough for EA to give a ****. Mirror's Edge isn't even out yet, Modern Combat was utter ****e, and so is this.
      who said EA was bloody great? and isn't the Rallisport Challenge IP in possession of Microsoft?

however, Dice did a great job with BF:1942 and Modern Combat wasn't too bad either. most of all it wasn't "utter ****e". don't get me wrong, i'm not defending BF: Bad Company here but i think you have a strong tendency to trivialize things.

Comment

Well I'm happy to say, I loved the demo!

Visually superb, great use of frostbite tech and wonderful, sound! Best gun sounds ever?

I really enjoyed the demo mission & am hyped for the full game.

Online was classic BF2 but suffered from lag. Hopefully private rooms will help that.

I hope some of Grawsome will be picking this one up!

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post

I hope some of Grawsome will be picking this one up!

count me in!

Comment

I too think the game is very decent but why is the single player not 4 player co-op when the stage was set?

Comment

I tried playing the demo but i kept getting confused by the controls. So i turned it off. i thought the graphics were really nice myself. I'll be picking it up when it gets released though as I'am a huge Batty fan.

Comment

What's with the print ad for this, with the dudes holding the bimbette? It's one of the worst ads I've seen for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                  Where is old Simmy, he don't post anymore unless there's a big game that he's hyped about just before release.
                  He had enough and went off to another forum mate.

He's currently hyping GoW2 and this so Orgun may very well have crushed him under his tank

Comment

Interview with Dice: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6610_en.html

no co-op!?!

Comment

Thats the stupiest thing ive ever heard. Its the perfect game to support it, heck the name itself gives a great idea for it.

Comment

Tried this the other night and found it ok but cant justify the purchase with COD4 sitting there.

Only tried the MP which is all Im interested in, is it just me or did the maps feel to big?.

Comment

This game is brilliant. The weapons, the vehicles, the gadgets, the way almost everything is destructable, the beautiful graphics, stunning sound, it's the best war-time FPS I've played and the ultimate sandbox game. Someone shooting at your team from inside a building? Simple, use a tank or artillery and blow the house away. In COD4 you can call in helicopter strikes, in this you can actually get in the helicopter yourself and do the job. It really does put COD4 to shame in almost every respect and I can't believe people are moaning and dismissing the game because of how the keys are mapped.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                            This game is brilliant. The weapons, the vehicles, the gadgets, the way almost everything is destructable, the beautiful graphics, stunning sound, it's the best war-time FPS I've played and the ultimate sandbox game. Someone shooting at your team from inside a building? Simple, use a tank or artillery and blow the house away. In COD4 you can call in helicopter strikes, in this you can actually get in the helicopter yourself and do the job. It really does put COD4 to shame in almost every respect and I can't believe people are moaning and dismissing the game because of how the keys are mapped.
                            I now feel motivated to try the demo!

Cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                              Er, do you work for the developers?!!

I have played he demo a few times and it ain't for me, still I might rent the full game cos sometimes demos can be misleading..

Comment

I don't work for the developers, no, just pleased to see a FPS do something relatively different and do it well. In multiplayer the freedom to tackle objectives in so many different ways is what sets it apart and it certainly feels a lot more realistic and mature compared to COD4. It's the closest to being on an actual battlefield I've experienced when playing a game, and the constant threat of long range artillery and the way enemy players can attack by land, sea and air creates a great sense of awareness, suspense and anticipation.

Comment

Working...
                                X