X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!!!
    Over the top action sequences FTW!!!

Comment

All the cutscenes in TS were directed by Ryuhei Kitamura. Who did the movie Versus, if you liked the action sequences in TS. You really owe to yourself to give it a viewing, just turn your brain off if you do.

Acually, i uploaded the opening scene to my youtube page along time ago. In the clip, it takes place in feudal Japan.

Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 10-06-2008, 23:57.

Comment

Twin Snakes was just a novelty game for me... I didn't think the voice work matched up to the original (most notable disappointment was that Mei Ling and Naomi lost their accents!) and some of my favourite lines of script were changed. The first person system from MGS2 really made the whole game a complete cakewalk as well... the only difficult part was adjusting to the controls. What could be performed with a single button press on the DS2 (thanks to the pressure sensitivity) required a combination of three or four buttons on the GC - holding guards hostage was a freaking nightmare.

I have never played it again, and if I was to go back for another run through it would be the PS1 version (again!).

That quoted review is hilarious... so far off the mark it's untrue.

Comment

Grrr I keep dying trying to kill Pyscho Mantis! I know to change the controller but he keeps whacking me with chairs n what not!

Comment

Don't forget to use the ThermGs, just run around blasting with the Famas or whatever its called.

Comment

Ah knew I was missing something, I don't have the thermal goggles! Wonder where I missed them from!?

I managed to kill him in the end anyway after alot of punching and kicking!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                Ah knew I was missing something, I don't have the thermal goggles! Wonder where I missed them from!?

I managed to kill him in the end anyway after alot of punching and kicking!
                The Thermal Goggles are in the area where the Tanks are stored, on the upperlevel to the far right, if i remember correctly.

You have to go back there soon anyway to pick up the PSG1. You can pick it up at the same time.

Comment

Shouldn't this be a contender for Replay Appreciate, or has this already been done?

I can't understand why Twin Snakes is hated on, tbh - MGS1 remade with the MGS2 engine (moreorless) would be a dream ticket for most die-hard Metal Gear fans. From what I understand, Ryuhei Kitamura originally did the cut-scenes in Twin Snakes to match the PSOne version, but was then told to re-do them by none other than Hideo Kojima himself.

IMO, Twin Snakes is a brilliant introduction to the Metal Gear Solid saga if you never got around to playing it on the PSOne.

I'm hoping to have a PAL copy of Twin Snakes secured by the end of this week, but it's surprisingly tricky to find at a decent price.
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-06-2008, 11:16.

Comment

Twin Snakes was alright but the action in the cutscenes sorta ruined it for me, I know he's supposed to be super human and all, but meh. Too easy with the MGS2 additions also, I only played it through once and then went back to the PS1 original.

Comment

And no one's commented on the review of MGS:TS I did for here... for shame

(but it does point out a number of things mentioned so far)
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

What the different between MGS and MGS twin snake ? (No spoilers please)

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
                          What the different between MGS and MGS twin snake ? (No spoilers please)
                          MGS:Twin Snakes is basically a remake of the PS1 original with the MGS2 Engine, and some changes to the cut-scenes and dialogue.

Mayhem's NTSC-UK review
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-06-2008, 15:19.

Comment

I actually thought MGS1 was a piece of trash when it was first released and didn't understand what all the fuss was about.

After playing it fully in 2004 however it was like a masterpiece compared to the amount of gash released at the time, and moreso right now.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                              I actually thought MGS1 was a piece of trash when it was first released and didn't understand what all the fuss was about.

After playing it fully in 2004 however it was like a masterpiece compared to the amount of gash released at the time, and moreso right now.
                              Funnily enough after I played the demo that came with an OPSM I thought 'what's the hype all about?' - I thought it was rubbish......however after buying the game many months later realised just how completely wrong my initial impressions were - it truly was/is a spectacular game.

Comment

I've had a 1 hour and 11 minute go on MGS1 today according to my save. I managed to get up to the nikata guiding bit just before the ninja battle. It's old, but still really great; especially the cutscenes and codec chatter. Even if they are long, I get totally immersed and don't once look at the clock.

Can't wait 'till tomorrow for MGS4 now!

Comment

Working...
                                X