No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not totally sure but i think the ending cut-scene goes on for ages too.

Comment

Decided not to bother, MGS4 is here so I will save the end of this for a rainy day.

Comment

I've been playing Metal Gear Solid after getting the Essential Collection a few weeks ago, then spending a few more weeks trying to get a memory card that would work on my PStwo.

MGS is a completely new experience for me having totally missed the entire series.

I really like it so far. I'm up to the battle with the Hind D and all the codec garbage, the daft conversations and cutscenes and the bosses are excellent! Even though it looks dated now, it's still got a gritty style to it.

I can't wait to play more, I've been playing it whenever I visit my parent's house on an SDTV in bitesized chunks! I won't be playing MGS4 for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
          That's the problem about MGS bosses; they always make you detest them, but after you feel sorry for them.
          Going off-topic a tad bit, but Slasher Hawk in Metal Gear Solid/Ghost Babel on the GBC is a brilliant example of this.

An awesome game if your ever get the chance to play it - one of the Gameboy's all-time greats, imho.
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-06-2008, 12:23.

Comment

Just remember that you can't finish MGS1 if you play it on a PS2. There is a bug that makes it crash on the end credits. Well I guess you can finish it, but you cannot start a game with the bandana or tuxedo.

Integral is one of my best games ever. I play it lots, although I find it really easy nowadays other than at certain parts like the Rex fight and the annoying wolves that keep biting me. I tend to fill up my memory card with as many Konami games as possible so that Psycho Mantis has to reel off whole a bunch of stuff too.
            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 14-06-2008, 12:38.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Is there any known bugs at the end of integral if you play it on a ps3? I've been through it twice and each time it buggers up at the credits. Music and image just start going in to slo-mo and skippin. Thankfully its only during the credits and not the actual cut-scenes tho.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                Just remember that you can't finish MGS1 if you play it on a PS2. There is a bug that makes it crash on the end credits. Well I guess you can finish it, but you cannot start a game with the bandana or tuxedo.
                I completed MGS from the Essential Collection last night on my slim PS2. The first time, it froze on the last bit of the credits, but I reloaded my save from the chase scene and put the controller down and got through and started a save with the bandana.

Comment

Can anyone tell us what versions of MGS JPN are in english as I fancy getting some for my JPN PS3 (dont worry bout 4 though already got it) as got 2 on xbox and 1 on cube.

Comment

Metal Gear Solid Integral
                    Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance

That's it, although JPN Twin Snakes is also in English. Both versions of Snake Eater have JP audio/text.

Comment

I restarted Twin Snakes for the first time since it was released (mostly cos of this thread).. I stand by my opinion that it's only really good for the novelty and/or the story. The GC controller just does NOT suit MGS... and also the first boss battle is a perfect example of why thje game is broken using MGS2 mechanics.

The Revolver Ocelot battle - In Twin Snakes you are pretty much forced to switch into 1st person because the camera is too close (fire blind and you will kill Baker).

When in 1st person it's just a case of you & Ocelot repeatedly shooting each other in the face to see who dies first. You don't have to move at all (and this was on hard mode). No finesse, no excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                        The Revolver Ocelot battle - In Twin Snakes you are pretty much forced to switch into 1st person because the camera is too close (fire blind and you will kill Baker).

When in 1st person it's just a case of you & Ocelot repeatedly shooting each other in the face to see who dies first. You don't have to move at all (and this was on hard mode). No finesse, no excitement.
                        yet i found it just the same as the PSone version

the GC controller isnt great, but a bad workman and all that

Comment

is there an adaptor to use the ps2 pad on gamecube? that may help

I am not able to afford a PS3 at the moment so am replaying Metal Gear 1 on PC but not without issues on a vista machine the most criminal of these is slowdown & loss of video bits using hardware graphics so back to software and general fuzziness for me...

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post

Integral is one of my best games ever. I play it lots, although I find it really easy nowadays other than at certain parts like the Rex fight and the annoying wolves that keep biting me. I tend to fill up my memory card with as many Konami games as possible so that Psycho Mantis has to reel off whole a bunch of stuff too.
                            Strange I finnished Integral last week on my PS2, it is a test unit but I`m sure I did the normal version a while back on a normal fat with no problems.

If you equip wolfs scarf the doggies no bite.

Comment

Originally posted by angelx View Post
                              is there an adaptor to use the ps2 pad on gamecube? that may help

I am not able to afford a PS3 at the moment so am replaying Metal Gear 1 on PC but not without issues on a vista machine the most criminal of these is slowdown & loss of video bits using hardware graphics so back to software and general fuzziness for me...
                              You'll probably be better off playing the PS original on an emulator, Playstation emulation on PC is pretty much perfect. In fact it's arguably better than the real thing since you can clean up the graphics quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane View Post
                                You'll probably be better off playing the PS original on an emulator, Playstation emulation on PC is pretty much perfect. In fact it's arguably better than the real thing since you can clean up the graphics quite a bit.

I think I may have to as the PC version is crashing a lot and just sucking the fun out of it.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X