Soul Bubbles DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soul Bubbles DS

Hey chaps wondered whether anyone else had checked this out! Following a tip off from a mate of mine I picked it up yesterday as a belated Fathers Day present to myself, and boy am I glad I did.

This is a charming little puzzle game which involves controlling a little flying fairy thing that has to blow bubbles around a course to save these little spirit things inside and get them to the end.

You blow the bubbles around by drawing lines to move your avatar toward the bubble - it will then blow in that direction. You also have three masks assigned to the d-pad. A tiger mask that allows you to cut bubbles in half (sometimes there are small gaps and you need to chop the bubbles in order to get them through), join them back together again and cut enemies that try to steal your bubble; a bird mask that allows you to draw new bubbles (to seal in the spirit things you are trying to protect or to be added to make your original bubble bigger); and an elephant mask which is used to deflate the bubbles and make them smaller.

As I said there are enemies which need to be tapped with the stylus to knock them away, there are also traps and things like vines which you have to cut out of the way, and spikes which pop your bubble giving you a few seconds to use the bird mask and save the little spirits.

This is a FANTASTIC game. It reminds me of lots of different puzzlers from the past, bit of Locoroco, bit of Cameltry, few others I can't remember, it is made by the same fellow who did Little Big Adventure and published by Eidos. Arguably my favourite puzzle for the DS, it will be criminal if loads of people don't get to try this, I know for a fact there are lots of peeps on here who will love it. Give me a day or two and I will try and get a review written for the site.

asian version

US version

Mention us when ordering at VG+

Comment

One last thing to mention - the controls are fantastic, very intuitive, damn this game is ace. In fact I wish I could jack in work and play it right now.

Comment

I've only played 30 minutes or so but I'm loving it & as you say the controls are wonderful. It's the sort of game that I want to take my time with & not to rush through it.

Comment

LOL I would have put my kids on Glider posting up in this thread

Comment

Hehe.

Comment

I think I saw a video for this - is it a bit like wind waker?

Comment

i've only had a quick go, kind of reminded me of that stick thru the maze puzzler kururin on the gba.

graphics seem quite nice and I laughed at the disclaimer when you load it.

heard its quite short though, only 20 levels or so.

Comment

it is short, but there is a score attack element to it - you can try and beat your times and scores. The controls are the only thing you can vaguely link to Wind Waker. It is similar to Kururin in a way too I guess.

Comment

Might have to have a look at this.
                    Cheers

Comment

I posted some questions about this on another forum yesterday. I saw an advert for it and thought it looked awesome. Right up my street. Very Loco Roco/Kururin indeed. I see it came out over here last Friday. Will try and pick this up when I can.

Thanks for the impressions Sean. Good work.

Comment

got this yesterday also, played through training and the first couple of levels of the main game, really like it so far and like sean says the controls are very good and so are the graphics.
                        good little game that i recommend to anyone with a ds who likes a chilled out game

Comment

It`s a lovely DS game, but it really is just a jumped-up Bubble Ghost at the end of the day. The games title must be a nod to it.

Comment

Working...
                          X