Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Beta

The front end music is off the chain!

The art looks great, really crisp and clean.

It's hard to tell about the game and how good it feels because it suffers from either slow down or lag, I'm not sure if both are cropping up of if it just t3h lagzorz.

I know it's a beta so I'm hoping it'll get sorted for launch.

Anyone else playing?

EDIT - I have only been able to join tournament games, creating ranked matches will crash your machine.
    Last edited by chopemon; 25-06-2008, 18:57.

Agreed. I've only tried a couple of quick matches and while searching for a game it crashes my machine which only a hard reboot will fix

Comment

Ranked matches have been working fine for me but it has trouble picking other people up.

However, I have no problem with hosting my own games and having people join them.

It doesn't like to record wins and losses, i'm checking the scoreboards and people DO have recorded wins and losses but mine seem to be staying at 0 / 0 on ranked. O_o

It's pretty damn good is all I have to say at this point in time

Comment

Sorry, wasn't sure where to post this (I've not played the game), but CAPCOM have said they're NOT going to patch the beta : http://xbox360.thegamereviews.com/st...Problems-.html

“We will not be patching the beta... resubmissions would cost a fortune and not go live for weeks even if we had (MS would have to reapprove every submission). This isn’t like the PC where a developer can make changes daily (for good or ill). All feedback and bugs will be factored into the final code.”

Pretty naff considering I'm sure a fair few people will have bought Commando 3 based on the strength of this.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
          Pretty naff considering I'm sure a fair few people will have bought Commando 3 based on the strength of this.
          I bought Commando 3 simply because it's a Commando title and personally couldn't care less about this. I'm sure my brother will love it though.

Is it just online for the beta?

Comment

I echo others with regards to the pleasing front end and in game visuals, but unfortunatly I'v only managed 2 matches! I had a big crash and have been having real trouble finding people to play. Love it despite the problems and I can't wait for the full game.

Comment

Remember though that this is a beta and not a demo in the guise of a beta ala Halo 3.

If they release a soundtrack to go with this, it will be 100% get.

Comment

Having real trouble getting games as all it does is crash on me!

Comment

For those of you with a crashing problem:

They ARE working on it.

So, I load up the beta to play today and it's crashing for me whenever I try to create or join and online match. Well, I was able to join one tournament, but that's about it. I've been looking around and this doesn't seem to happen all the time or for everyone, but it's definiltly happening wayyyy too much, even if it is a beta.

I can assure you that during our testing of the title, this never occured. It would never have been released by Capcom nor any other parties involved if we saw it. I want to let you guys know that we are definitely looking into the issue and evaluating options for addressing it.

Comment

Well, looks like Ken is back on top in this SF too!

BWAAHAHAHHAAHAHAH! Madness that is! The brokeness is lethal!

Was really hard to get an online match going, so just played a few local games. Ken can juggle off a close 2 hit standing Medium SRK with either another MP SRK or a HP SRK. You can see in the video you can tag a super on the end of the dragon and end with another dragon! Free damage if some poor sap decides to take to the air against him though!

Couldn't tag that Super on the end of the dragon myself on the few games I played tonight, but shouldn't be too hard with a bit of practice. What I did end up doing alot was the following combo where you jump in with a meaty Hard Kick, Medium Sweep into a Medium SRK...and you guessed it, another SRK at the end of it. No lie, 85% or so damage and dizzy! Just finish off with standing HP xx Hard SRK. Over!

Just been trying to replicate it again as I post this just to make sure I'm not going mad, can only seem to get it working against Ken as Ryu dizzies at the end of the medium dragon.

Someone else here try it. It's horrid! XD (Do it for my sanity! It's getting really late here, can't focus and pull it off consistantly now and I'm doubting myself now)

Apart from that...

*Really liked the front end of the game.
                    *Music on the character select screena and Ryu's stage is decent. Sometimes cuts out and starts back at the begining of the track instead of continuing into the next round.
                    *Really good connection on the games I did manage to get into, even with 6 or so spectators watching too.
                    *You can change your buttons while you wait. ;p Good thing as I just plugged the stick in and didn't want to leave the game in fear of not getting back in!

The game hanging almost everytime you search or try to join a game is horrendous, Beta or not. Was just about to give up on it untill I got into a game and happily played for around about half an hour. Then the game hung on the spectator screen, despite me and the next player up having pressed A to be "Ready".

Ah well, will still buy this, really impressed with the netcode when I did finally get a game in more then anything. Didn't mind the new HD graphics either.

*watches video again
                    *coughs and wheezes blood

HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

isn't it just arranged mode ken? I'll be getting this but playing in OG mode.

thank god I have it in a cab on CPS2, original for lyfe.

Comment

Why would they tweak Ken in arranged mode to the point that he's broken? I'm sure the point of that mode is to balance the inconsistencies in the original code.

I'm sure that won't make it to release (Unless it was like that in the original code)?

Comment

Quite surprised at how much I like this, considering the hate I have for the original.

Also quite chuffed that I've won 2/3 tournaments I've entered.

Comment

Does it have 1080i?

Comment

Euurrgh I just watched a video of it and it seems they've changed the announcer in parts. Maybe I'm being picky, but the bit where he said "Ryu wins, perfect" made me cry inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X