Kung Fu Panda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kung Fu Panda

Just had a go on this (got a copy from work, not sure if its out yet or not) and it reminds me alot of that TMNT movie tie-in game. The combat is pretty satisfying, but the jump feels a bit floaty - like SW Lego was. You can make Po go into a roll which is a bit like playing a 3D sonic game and brings some variation to things, even if its is a bit pinball manic at times. Achievements are popping up for combos and stuff which is cool, but most require you to 100% each level which is actually more of a challenge than I thought it would be, having not managed to do it on any of the levels I've played so far (

chucked in the towel trying to dodge that crock d00d and getting pissed off with it

). You can use collected coins to power up your health, attack power and buy costumes for Po. The voice attacking is good, although Jack Black sounds a bit like Cartman making it fairly amusing at times. The cut scenes are weak and you get a lame static intro scene with a voice over, naration scroll before each mission which is a shame - this being an animation tie-in and all... Cant see this rocking anybodies world, but it certainly isn't total ****, just a bit Po.
Working...
X