New International Track And Field DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New International Track And Field DS

Is no one else playing this fantasticly fun game?

Classic track and field, stylus rubbing button pressing arm aching fun

Loads of events, loads of unlockables.

Really nice art style from UDON i believe.

Xbox live like friends and rivals system full online play tournaments etc

absolutely love it at the moment everyone should play this!

As much as I enjoy my button bashing track and field games I have avoided this. The reason being that I found it very difficult to use the DS small buttons for rapid thrappage in the konami arcade game that had track and field on it. Also I think the stylus events would wreck my screen. The whole genre just unfortunatly seems unsuited to the DS.

Comment

Not using the buttons myself, though agree they are too small to use effectively.

Actually think the game is well suited to DS or at least some events are
      The springboad in particular is very well suited to the ds screen
      very well suited to quick five min bursts or an extended session, it can be as hardcore or casual as you like.
      Just thought there might be a bit more love on this game from here.

Comment

It does look the biz, but I think I'll just stick with track and field on my PS1

Comment

I bought this (2 copies) and playing multicart games.

Great fun and , as always, very competitive, but I just hate the cartoon characters. Stupid and too big IMHO - especially the afro guy's head.

Comment

This is briliant fun. Unlocked most of the events now, but have no idea how you get the special characters. I was suppossed to do a making of with Sumo and it sort of fell by the wayside, will have to get in touch with Sol again as this is a great little game that needs as much positive print coverage as possible.

Comment

I unlocked one Character through taking my online code (given in the game)
              to the games website where it asks you to input it when you sign up.
              then in the game itself you press sign in and if your code is linked to your account on the website you get a secret character (no spoilers)
              You also get them for finishing each of the tiers (easy medium hard etc)
              and also all golds as well.
              The online again needs a special mention with what sumo has managed to pull off here. it's nothing short of amazing considering it has a very XBL like feel on the little hand held.
              Is it repetitive? Yes. Was the original? Yes
              I happen to think this is so much better than mario and sonic at the olympics, it's not even funny.
              Shame no one will play it..

Comment

I've just started playing this after reading this First Play post.

Must say, to begin with I was very sceptical as I really enjoy the old retro look of Track and Field and wasn't too keen on the new 3D Characters.

However, I was playing it for ages last night. The online setup is brilliant; I'm usually really annoyed that I can't still get another player to play MarioKart DS online with, but here that's never an issue as you're just playing against other online records. Fantastic.

The use of the DS touch screen is also great. As mentioned in an earlier post, I too was worried about my screen getting damaged by constant waggling but it doesn't appear too bad (especially if you have a Hori screen protector ).

Highly recommended if you're thinking of buying it.

fdsbh

Comment

What times are you guys getting for the 100m? I can't get below 12 secs (12.013 sec) yet the AI gets 10 secs.

I must be missing a technique here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                    This is briliant fun. Unlocked most of the events now, but have no idea how you get the special characters. I was suppossed to do a making of with Sumo and it sort of fell by the wayside, will have to get in touch with Sol again as this is a great little game that needs as much positive print coverage as possible.
                    Too bloody right. It's a cracking game thats fell into the cracks. Which makes me sad

And it's not even my teams game!

---
                    S0L
                    ---

Comment

Well S0L, despite it not being your teams game, you can thank them from me as this is by far one of the better DS games i've played all year.

Slowly but surely progressing though the single player and the events get better and better, the fact it fell through the cracks is a crying shame. When generic FPS no.12 sells a bucket load and this is ignored (don't know it has been just speculating) makes me sad.

Maybe it's because i have really fond memories of the original, but even with that said there is some very clever stuff being done with the online.

If you have a DS you really should take a look a this.

Comment

I saw this advertised on CITV last night so maybe the kiddies will ask what it is and it might start selling like it deserves to, lets hope so anyway.

Comment

i think its ace, we should all meet up sometime for some games

Comment

To all those that have been playing it for a few days, is your screens suffering with the rubbage? Do you feel safe enough to give it max with the stylus without making a mess of your screens?

Comment

My screen is surprisingly intact

Comment

Working...
                              X