Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bokura no terebi game kentai JPN DS (Namco warioware)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bokura no terebi game kentai JPN DS (Namco warioware)

This turned up on my doorstep this morning so i have put down band bros dx for a while.

heres the official site

So what is it i (don't) hear you ask. Closest thing i can compare it to is a clone of the warioware series but made using only Namco games & so far im really liking the whole thing, sure it's a clone of nintendo's efforts but its unique enough to still remain fun. According to the box theres 500 of the buggers to play through & they are all based round 30 of namco's own games.

Heres a cm

When you start you have 4 courses to play through, the time you get varies between each microgame, before you start the game tells you the controls on the bottom screen & the objective you need to achive. You have 3 hearts & if you fail you lose one, if you lose all of them its game over. As you complete the minigames your ranked at the end of the course from S to C if you did it perfect you get S rank, now these ranks are totalled up & depending on what you get you will get either gold silver or a bronze medal. Along with the medals theres also ranking points the higher the medal the more points you get if you fill the bar at the bottom so you have 40 points it opens the exam.

The exam is just all the games you have played but all thrown together & randomly selected, at the end theres a pass line & your total is added up, if you pass you get upgraded a rank as a gamer & your then onto the next set of games.

Heres the official site with some of the microgames

Theres also seems to be lots of extras to unlock, theres an option to take you to your room & in there i have found some sound badges that when you touch them they play short clips of music from various namco games, theres a few options still not unlocked yet so no idea what else is in there.

Love the whole graphical style of the package including the little arcade machine mascot it reminds me a bit of kotoba puzzle mojipittan. Well i'll report more as i play, but one again it'll probably be only me playing this.
    Last edited by importaku; 29-06-2008, 23:26.

Been playing this recently as well. Seems pretty enjoyable, although a bit lost by the menus and what I'm unlocking etc.

Comment

Most of the micro games are easy enough to work out but like with warioware theres a few that require jpn reading skills.

Worked out a couple of the menus so far so i can get myself around it all.

Comment

Unlocked medley mode today, medley mode is based around one particular game so for the Famista medley it puts all the baseball microgames together into one nonstop run.

My gaming rank is at class 6 & im aiming for 5 but as you go up the ranks, the points required to unlock the exam increase as well so i now have to get 60 points.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          My gaming rank is at class 6 & im aiming for 5 but as you go up the ranks, the points required to unlock the exam increase as well so i now have to get 60 points.
          if you can understand what to do, all you need is 3 golds and the 60 points is easy

but i cant do the RPG stuff and i cant do the one where the cross/sword is in a crystal

so if a level is full of RPG stuff, it will be impossible - bah! language barriers

i'm on class 6 as well

on the main page another option called hi score opens up and you can play specific games until you die, one got 1 game so far

maybe you will know, on the first screen there are 2 options, 1 is yellow and the other is blue, both play the same - but what is the actual difference?

i picked the yellow option

Comment

Passed the rank 6 exam about 20 mins ago totally freaked out as i got s ranks for all the games on that first time ever, now at rank 5

Yeah the rpg levels sometimes give me grief some are easy but then there was one where you have to combine 2 ingredients to make a new shield lol that had me stumped the first few tries. The only other to stump me is the one where you have to pick one of 3 people in a line depending on the riddle, with that even i have no idea at all.

As for the options on the main title screen the yellow one is the main game, the blue one brngs up 2 more options the top is like a daily gaming level check it will give you 6 games to play & then ranks you on your score the 2nd option in the blue menu is probably a game sharing option (i havent tested it) but it has the wifi icon so im guessing it is.

Comment

I was looking at that in BIC before but decided it wasn't my thing.

Bokura no terebi geemu kentai btw.

Comment

Lol hey just noticed that, i'll go change the iffy spelling cheers
                Last edited by importaku; 29-06-2008, 23:08.

Comment

Kinda reminds me more of game centre CX.
                  Nice write up all the same importaku.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    Bokura no terebi geemu kentai btw.
                    Kentei deshou?

Comment

lol, now he needs to change the title again...
                      (was probably thinking of hentai at the time)

Comment

now passed the rank 2 exam and unlocked tons of stuff

but its getting pretty difficult since i dont really know whats going on

there is a shooting level where the plane is crashing to the ground and i just dont know what to do, this added with rpg elements is hindering my progress and will probably stop me going any further

its a decent enough game, but no way is it a warioware beater, not even in the same ballpark

Comment

The skykid one with the plane crashing you hold up while pressing B to bring it out of a dive.

Yeah i know what you mean abou the texty rpg stuff, not exactly friendly is it. Warioware had a few corkers but nowhere near as hard as this.

Comment

Working...
                          X