Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Incredible Hulk

[brief impressions based on the 360 version]

I?ll start as I mean to go on, pop up, pop up, pop up.

Was quite looking forward to playing this, upon firing it up though I was disappointed within five minutes. The Hulk feels floaty and doesn?t have the power you?d imagine ... at times even running in to a table and chairs will cause him to stumble or come to a standstill.

Missions are the norm for this type of game destroy XXX enemy, rescue XXX, climb to the top of XXX etc. All seem very similar and won?t differ from anything you will have done in any Superman/ Spiderman game before.

Back to the pop up. It is staggering, not talking about buildings in the distance, talking about items about 20 foot in front of you. For example if you go to the waters edge and run along it, you see numerous picnic benches and chairs, these only pop up when you?re about to approach them, talking you?re about a second or two from them. At times the game even stutters while the disc is accessed, a real step backwards, and there is no excuse for it.

One thing I will say though is that the play area seems massive, even if 95% of it does look the same street after street.

Not going to write any more due to having been privy to a review draft I don?t want to spoil. But if you?ve any questions etc, fire away.

Thanks for your thoughts David, I'll await to see the full review but it looks like my hopes have been well and truly SMASHED.

Comment

I started playing this last night and it's not as bad as I expected. Already it doesn't feel as good as the Xbox's Ultimate Destruction though, but it feels like it will be fun in small doses at least.

Comment

I didnt see how they could get this wrong but it seems they did!

Comment

I was messing about in the city for two hours last night collecting landmarks, jump markers and the odd canisters and completing various feats en route and then I went on autopilot and quit to the dash via the Guide instead of Save & Quit in the game first. All my progress was lost. Where's auto save when you need it!

Comment

It should save every time you hit a jump marker / get a canister or landmark etc so some thing's gone a bit wrong there MJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
              It should save every time you hit a jump marker / get a canister or landmark etc so some thing's gone a bit wrong there MJ.
              You would think, but the only thing it saved was the one and only landmark I collected when I first put it on to see what it was like and then chose Save & Quit. After my dash exit mistake I loaded the game and it hadn't saved anything I did or found. It's not too bad though because I started cannister hunting from scratch and am methodically sweeping the city, Crackdown's orbs or Assassin's Creed's flags anybody, upon choosing Save & Quit and loading it again it has indeed remembered what I collected this time.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                [brief impressions based on the 360 version]

I?ll start as I mean to go on, pop up, pop up, pop up.

Was quite looking forward to playing this, upon firing it up though I was disappointed within five minutes. The Hulk feels floaty and doesn?t have the power you?d imagine ... at times even running in to a table and chairs will cause him to stumble or come to a standstill.
                Shame, I quite liked the Xbox 1 game, I think they got the feeling right in that one, the Hulk felt really massive and powerful.

Comment

Different developer unfortunately

Comment

There's a lot of similarities to Ultimate Destruction though.

Comment

You are the Hulk
                      You jump
                      You smash things

Comment

Working...
                      X