Jewel Master (DS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jewel Master (DS)

This has got to be the worst bit of crap i have played on the DS. I am a big puzzle game fan, and love games like Puzzle Quest and Bejeweled, i was delighted to see this pop up. I thought it looked like an interesting take on the format. Oh how wrong i was.

This game is so bad they even skimp on the story in the story mode lol

To begin with you select one of 4 save slots and save your game.

Then you are given the following options

Play
    Relax
    How to Play
    Settings

I went to play, without any instructions i was thrust into a game of Bejeweled. The grid had primarily cream coloured squares but some were blue. Matching on the blue squares results in them being removed, clear all the blue squares and you are awarded seamingly random gold.

Now this is where the game gets strange, remember there is no explinations, you are then in a field, you have 4 type of building you can buy, but i only had enough gold for a mill, so i bought it. Still no idea what its doing, i start my next round. This time i have wood on the screen, as well as my jewels and coins to match. I matched some wood, it then flashed up, for each bit of wood you match you get 5 in the mill. Now this is where i got confused. I eliminated the blue squares and expected some action from my mill but nothing. What happened to all the wood i earned?

Anyway by now i have more gold and buy the next building a stone mill. I can now link stones in my grid, just like the wood linking 3 stones gets 5 bits in my mil. I finish the level and expect action in my mill but nothing.

There is no opions to do anything apart from playing the next level or buying a building.

Its just strange, i played on and these bits have NO link to the bejewled gameplay at all. It seams to be some sort of bad attempt to tack on some kind of story and reason for you to be linking, but it does not wash.

Sadly the Bejeweled gameplay does not even work that well. It is very poor at picking up where your pressing on the screen and is missing even the most basic additions from the likes of Puzzle Quest, Zoo Keeper and Bejeweled.

The presentation is ok, but again nothing earth shattering. This game is developed by Awen Studios and this must be their first project as i can't find anything on them. They are clearly out to cash in and do not care what crap they put out to do it.

There is no sign of any multiplayer or even score boards to keep you interested.

I played for 20 mins and wanted to kill myself, they have ruined a perfectly good idea.

AVOID THIS GAME! On the plus side enjoying Trauma Centre 2
    Last edited by The Mole; 04-07-2008, 15:28.
Working...
X