Super Robot Taisen A (PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Robot Taisen A (PSP)

Im going to start by saying that this is the best SRPG i've played in years, probably the best since i first played the original FF Tactics.

This is actually a remake of the GBA game that came out a while back but with all new sprites and graphics. The in game battle graphics are utterly fantastic as well, really really OTT and satisfying. Heres a little sample of how cool they are.

Gameplay wise the first thing to say is that it hard as nails, in fact its so hard alot of people will probably be put off. But if you like a challenge your going to be rewarded with really deep character customisation, tons of weapons/spells etc. There are also 2 storylines to play through with lots of unlockables and secrets.

If your an SRPG fan with a PSP you should deffo look into getting this game.
    Last edited by Ajay1986; 05-07-2008, 14:55.

Have you played many of the other SRW games?

Comment

Is this a Japanese release?

Comment

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
        Is this a Japanese release?
        Yes, it was released on the 19th of June in Japan, Famitsu scored it 8,7,7,8.

I'm still playing through the recent DS game, but have been debating whether or not to pick this up as well.

Comment

Right - think I'll wait for the US release. Thanks

Comment

Good luck, only the OG games get released outside of Japan due to copyright issues, i.e. companies in Japan like to make money together but in the English-speaking world they're too busy quibbling over how much each gets.

It's a case of play it in Japanese or wait until hell freezes over (but don't quote me on that). MX portable came out in 2005 on the PSP but there's no sign of an English release.

Comment

What do you mean by the OG games?

Comment

OG = Original Generation(s)
                Characters created solely by Banpresto (who are now owned by BandaiNamco) and so they have no issues with character copyrights owned by other companies.
                There are 4 OG games: 1+2 on GBA which HAVE seen an English release in North America, OG Saga and OG Gaiden on PS2. I suppose you could count Mugen no Frontier on DS as well, as all the characters are owned by BandaiNamco. I have a strong feeling it may see an English release.

*this is all to the best of my knowledge

Comment

Working...
                X