Ferrari Challenge (DS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferrari Challenge (DS)

Picked this up earlier today having been disappointed that I couldn't find the wii version anywhere (not even sure if its been released yet?? ) so desperate for some Ferrari racing action I plumped for this the very last copy in HMV!!

Firstly I would like to point out that this is nowhere near a simulation like the big brothers pretend to be, this is a bare bones racer. Yes there is a practice tutorial mode in which it guides you around the course (with the worlds most annoying voice sounding like a zx spectrum screaming at you lol). As you clear practice modes and races you earn challenge cards in which you can play top trumps with Ferrari style.

Back to the racing action now, and here comes the most disappointing part, the handling! It is terrible, you can literally slow down and stop on the corner with no gradual breaking, and then hold the accelerator on the exit and feel no sense of gradual build up of speed, just bumph and your there. The handling is so light that you don?t really feel any control over your car.

Then il go onto the presentation, the frame rate is actually one of the games plus points with a lovely solid and fast frame rate, and a generally good draw distance to boot. However the car models are generally low quality (yes I do know its a DS game and a racing game to boot) however when you see other games and developers push hard and see a bit of laziness like this (especially in replay mode where the car seams to "float" in the road) it is disappointing to see.

I will try to like this game, I really will, however at present its going to have to do a hell of a lot to convince me.

BTW I do apologise if there is poor grammar, don't write on forums too much (or at all for that matter)

Hope you find it usefull

How annoying. Is it clear what's going on, e.g. graphics any good?

Good post. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X