2DFreeplay/GGPO Matchups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
    When I get a bit disheartened with SF3, I find that all disappears when I'm down the arcades watching good players playing. It motivates me to really up my SF3 game. As it stands, I play SF3 just like I play SF2. For example, I'll completely forget how to throw and may go two to three games not doing a single throw. 99% of the time I'll remember when I get thrown myself, then that usually leads on to remembering the small jumping attack with MP+MK
    Hehe, I actually love little touches like that!

By the by.. does 3s require a bit more ram than the rest of the games? Admittedly, Im needing some anyway! (only got 512mb!! ) but the game still plays lag-free offline.

However on ggpo its always plays like 15 - 20% slower than it should..

Im gonna get another 2 gig ram anyway so hoping that it'll sort the problem!!

Comment

I don't understand, I have the ROMs for this games but when I try to use them on GGPO, it says it isn't the right one!!

This there a list available on the internet somewhere with the compatible romsets required to play online?

I have the games on consoles but wish to find the correct roms in order to play online! If anyone could assist me, that would be super and much appreciated!

Comment

When I get a bit disheartened with SF3, I find that all disappears when I'm down the arcades watching good players playing. It motivates me to really up my SF3 game. As it stands, I play SF3 just like I play SF2. For example, I'll completely forget how to throw and may go two to three games not doing a single throw. 99% of the time I'll remember when I get thrown myself, then that usually leads on to remembering the small jumping attack with MP+MK
        wow. . I do exactly the same, haha

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman_Joey View Post
          I don't understand, I have the ROMs for this games but when I try to use them on GGPO, it says it isn't the right one!!

This there a list available on the internet somewhere with the compatible romsets required to play online?

I have the games on consoles but wish to find the correct roms in order to play online! If anyone could assist me, that would be super and much appreciated!
          You're looking for the euro versions mate! I had the same problem.

Download and swap over

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman_Joey View Post

It only works with specific rom versions for each game:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (USA 980904)
            Street Fighter Alpha 2 (USA 960306)
            Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (Euro 980112)
            Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire (Euro 970519)
            The King of Fighters '98 - The Slugfest / King of Fighters '98 - dream match never ends
            Dungeons and Dragons Shadow Over Mystara (Euro 960619)
            Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (World 940223)
            Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers (World 930911)
            X-Men vs. Street Fighter (Euro 961004)
            Garou: Mark of the Wolves
            Samurai showdown 2
            Street Fighter III 3rd Strike - Fight for the Future

That's the list I've found which was in a Japanese GGPO wiki

I'll bung that list in the OP so people can tell at a glance.

Comment

It only works with specific rom versions for each game:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (USA 980904)
              Street Fighter Alpha 2 (USA 960306)
              Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (Euro 980112)
              Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire (Euro 970519)
              The King of Fighters '98 - The Slugfest / King of Fighters '98 - dream match never ends
              Dungeons and Dragons Shadow Over Mystara (Euro 960619)
              Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (World 940223)
              Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers (World 930911)
              X-Men vs. Street Fighter (Euro 961004)
              Garou: Mark of the Wolves
              Samurai showdown 2
              Street Fighter III 3rd Strike - Fight for the Future

That's the list I've found which was in a Japanese GGPO wiki

I'll bung that list in the OP so people can tell at a glance.
              Hey mate, thanks for the list dude! Whats your alias on GGPO? mines rockmanjoey if anyone wants to fight however I am gonna have to use a controller as my Arcade Stick is elsewhere!

Comment

Same as on here

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
                  I have this problem now!

Since I formated my computer, it just crashes after logging in and it seems like I'm the only person online!

It seems like I can't move game rooms and it also seems like, I'm the only person online!

Can anyone help me out as I'm getting really bad withdrawl symptoms not playing SSF2T!
                  I've found the problem to my own problem!

Well, billy_dimashq helped me, really...

GGPO doesn't like the router when TCP port 7000 (outbound) is turned on!

Now I can play again, yippee!

I hope this helps everyone!

Please reply back if this has helped you!

GAME ON PEEPS... SSF2T that is!!!

Comment

Had some awesome matches on SSF2T today.

There are some really, really good players out there!

I need practice with other characters and try and be a much more rounded player than sticking to the characters that I know best.

Comment

I'm in the process of trying to set up ggpo, having problems already though, I can't get past the login screen.

Anyway, if and when I get this running I'd love to play 3rd Strike with you fellows. My user name is moonwhistle.

Comment

Mate, you're not the only one!

I've been trying for the last hour and I thought it was just me!

I've looked at all the threads regarding this problem and I think the GGPO server is down mate.

Just have to wait I guess...

Comment

I cant even login, just says login failed every time :/

Comment

Yeah same here, clicking login does nothing, the screen doesn't even change. It's like the button doesn't even work.

Hopefully it'll be sorted soon...

Comment

Well the login seems to be working ok now. I've managed to get as far the lobby and I can see the other players so I'm getting somewhere. Can anyone tell me, do I need to sort out all the port forwarding business in order to just the 3rd Strike ggpo emulator on my own / offline? I'd like to try this out first before I try playing other people.

Also, is it definately the Euro version of 3rd Strike that I need? I've tried various USA versions and I keep getting some "guru" related error message then a black screen.

Fianally, I've already had alot of router port adjustments done on my pc by a friend to run Azureus etc.. Will this be ok for ggpo or will I have to make further changes? I only ask as I've got alomst no clue about this stuff.

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
                                Well the login seems to be working ok now. I've managed to get as far the lobby and I can see the other players so I'm getting somewhere. Can anyone tell me, do I need to sort out all the port forwarding business in order to just the 3rd Strike ggpo emulator on my own / offline? I'd like to try this out first before I try playing other people.

Also, is it definately the Euro version of 3rd Strike that I need? I've tried various USA versions and I keep getting some "guru" related error message then a black screen.

Fianally, I've already had alot of router port adjustments done on my pc by a friend to run Azureus etc.. Will this be ok for ggpo or will I have to make further changes? I only ask as I've got alomst no clue about this stuff.

Many thanks in advance.
                                GGPO works fine with me , ive set myself up a static IP address which works really well , i originally done it for utorrent but it seems to work great with online games and networking my whole house too , heres the guide

An explanation of port forwarding and the necessary steps to set up port forwarding in your router.

just find your model of router in the router section , then i opened up ports

Application Start End Protocol IP Address Enable
                                GGPO 6000 to 6010 UDP 192.168.1.xxx Tick
                                GGPO 7000 to 7000 TCP 192.168.1.xxx Tick

i use a linksys router and thats how my game and application set up page looks on it

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                                X