2DFreeplay/GGPO Matchups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
    Can anyone tell me, do I need to sort out all the port forwarding business in order to just the 3rd Strike ggpo emulator on my own / offline? I'd like to try this out first before I try playing other people.
    You don't need to do anything to play it offline, just go into the GGPO folder and run the file called GGPOFBA.EXE, which is basically just the Final Burn Alpha emulator on its own without GGPO. You can also use this as an opportunity to set all your buttons properly and any video/audio settings without making your opponent sit and wait for you

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I got as far as being able to watch matches but when I challenge it gets permenantly stuck on "retrieving match info...". Is this a problem with ports perhaps? If I can watch matches ok does that mean that my port setting are correct?

Also, is it possible to map one input to 2 different buttons? I use a weird button setup on a ps2 pad and I usally have 2 different buttons for lp and lk. It worked fine in mame but doesn't seem to here.

Thanks.
      Last edited by moonwhistle; 24-08-2008, 19:32.

Comment

I'm not sure about button mapping as I don't use it myself. As for watching but not playing, it must be a port issue of some sort. I'd imagine watching doesn't require any outgoing ports to be opened, so maybe it's something to do with that? Are you using the Windows firewall? Opening the ports on the router is one thing, but you also need to make sure the firewall on your PC is sorted out...

Comment

moonwhistle, good games at the weekend!

If you (or anyone else) need more help, check out the GGPO forums here or ask me/us here.
          Last edited by phillai; 26-08-2008, 09:27.

Comment

Got it working, username is "Endymion", if anyone wants some 3S games, i suck tho so go easy

Comment

Heh, forgot to mention, had some good games with philai on ssf2t!!

Oh and kof 98' !! But that was rapage!!

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
                moonwhistle, good games at the weekend!

If you (or anyone else) need more help, check out the GGPO forums here or ask me/us here.
                Any day now I hope. I can watch matches but not play yet unfortuantely. I have consulted the ggpo forums but not really found what I'm looking for. I am having trouble finding my static ip address in order to forward the right ports on my router. Once I find it I can continue with this baffling port forwarding business.

Sorry I've aked this already, but has anyone managed to map one control input to more than one button?

Comment

find your ip address in control panel -> network connections right click over the network connection you are using (im using local area) -> properties -> scroll down to internet protocol (TCP/IP) , highlight and press properties ...

Thats all you ip info , if your using obtain ip address automatically then you havnt got a static ip , you will need to create one via the portforward link ,

it is a bit confussing , i was well baffled to start with but ive been messing around with these for a while now trying to get my XBMC set up and utorrent , i think ive got the hang of it now

Comment

Originally posted by trev1976 View Post
                    find your ip address in control panel -> network connections right click over the network connection you are using (im using local area) -> properties -> scroll down to internet protocol (TCP/IP) , highlight and press properties ...

Thats all you ip info , if your using obtain ip address automatically then you havnt got a static ip , you will need to create one via the portforward link ,

it is a bit confussing , i was well baffled to start with but ive been messing around with these for a while now trying to get my XBMC set up and utorrent , i think ive got the hang of it now

I've done that and mine is set to the other option: "use the following ip address"

Does this mean I'm already using a static ip? I've actually been through this before and used the ip address that was listed on this page. I typed it into my address bar but it came up blank.

Comment

Moonwhistle, what router have you got?

Basically, ya need to create and reserve a static ip on your router that only your computer can see.

If you don't do this, any other wi-fi equipment might 'steal' that ip and you will not connect correctly...

This can easilly happy if you have other computers with wi-fi, ipod touches, iphones etc etc

Also, what trev1976 has said is correct, I've got my settings like this.

Comment

Thanks phillai.

Mine appears to be set up exactly the same way as you've demonstrated.

My router is a Netopia 2247nwg, I got it free from my broadband provider.

I'm pretty sure that mine is set this way because my friend set up Azureus (torrent program) on my pc sometime ago and that requires ports to be forwarded and mostly likely a static ip also.

I've been trying to access my router configuration page by typing in the ip that is listed on the page you shown but it comes up as an error / blank page.
                        Last edited by moonwhistle; 27-08-2008, 20:25.

Comment

I can only help you so much!

I don't know your router so I can't help you set up static ip on your router!

I pretty sure you can copy my TCP settings though and that won't harm you, I don't think!

Comment

click start -> run, type 'cmd' and press enter

then 'ipconfig /all' (no quotes)

whatever the default gateway is, will probably be the same IP that your router is so try that in your web browser http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

worth a try

Comment

anyone up for a few games? I'm bored enough

Comment

Thanks Kernow, I've got the ipconfig to display now. It is the same as the one listed in the network setting and it won't work when I type in http:// etc....

To phillai, I noticed your "preffered DNS server" is the same number as your ip address. My DNS server is completely different, perhaps I should change mine to match my ip address? Just a wild stab in the dark, I really have no clue what I'm up to lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X