Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferrari Formula one V12 would nice! Actually that is genius, a selective soundtrack. Silent cruising then all hell breaks loose with the touch of a button.

Comment

There's a car modding thread.

Comment

I like cars, lots!

That is all.

Actually, no it's not, Ferrari are rumoured to be developing an SUV type vehicle, I kid you not, this is an Auto Express mock up I think, shudder.

As much as I despise the looks and ethos of the Panamera I bet it'll be an absolute beast of a car and a massive success with all the rich guys that want a Porsche but have a family/golf clubs to squeeze in it. My brother-in law has a Cayenne S and although I hate the looks of it and rib him mercilessly about how he "should have bought a 'real' Porsche", it's still a great car.

Comment

Oh, yeah, sorry for two posts in a row but there are rumours around that both the Audi RS5 and TT-RS will be officially announced this week. TT-RS supposed to be in the region of 350bhp!
          Last edited by Alastair; 26-08-2008, 16:20.

Comment

I thought big 4x4s were a dying market? 2nd hand values seem to be plumetting(sp?).

Comment

You're right, they are. But is that only a UK thing? I would imagine the demand for 4x4's in other markets that don't have ludicrous fuel and tax prices is still pretty buoyant.

Comment

I find it incredibly hard to find any new cars I like (unless they are sports cars with prices on other planets). Take the Golf for example. After the mkII, it has got progressively more dull with each iteration. Even the R32 model looks amazingly dull. They have also got heavier and heavier. Bikes conversely have gone the other way, with more and more radical cool designs and lighter and more power every year.

What's going on with the Civic TypeR too?

I hope we are allowed to moan about cars in this thread. If not, sorry.

On the plus side, my current car from year 2000 is a beast, lightweight, fast, grippy (too much understeer as standard though), comfortable, good looking (I think) and practical (been mountain biking in the Pyrenees with mountain bikes inside the back). And cost ?4k to buy.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
                  Peugeots fell from the ugly tree too. Land yachts have their place too I suppose. You can't beat a nice Rolls, or maybe a Maybach. I recently drove a Toyota Crown Hybrid and it was as quiet as mouse and you couldn't even tell the engine was on, due tot he lack of vibration and electric motor assist. Utterly amazing machine, though not a drivers car with its one finger, super light steering but an impressive tech showcase none the less.
                  Father in law has a Crown, not a new one by any stretch but amazing car. The carpet inside is thicker than in most peoples living rooms over here and the back seat is like a huge comfy sofa.

Comment

I think Ferrari have already dismissed the 4x4 rumour, I believe they want to keep production below a certain level.

Comment

Alastair,

Did you sort the tyre/wheel problem then? Ferrari SUV! The end of the world is nigh.

Ampanman,

Try the Hybrid if you ever get a chance, it will amaze you.

Also my RX-8 has developed an annoying rattle somewhere. Audi build quality it ain't, groan.....

Comment

My cousin had a fair bit of bother with his RX8. Had 2 new gearboxes and various other bits and bobs done under warranty. He used to claim his car never got through any oil between services but I don't believe that's true for a minute.
                        Great sound from the rotary engine and it always made me laugh seeing the rev counter going towards 9000 rpm!
                        A tidy handling car with surprisingly refined ride quality as well. Shame it's not too hot over speed bumps. And suicide doors rule.

Comment

The engine is pure magic. The sound is unique, so is the size and the buttery smooth delivery. I drove a 'normal' car today and pined for the glorious roar of my baby. When other cars have thrown in the towel at 7000 rpm, the 8 just asks for more and loves you for giving it too.

Comment

Mine isn't a rotary and revs to 8k. I know some of the 4 cylinder Daihatsu's such as the Avanzato can rev to around 8200 and in a magazine some bloke missed a gear and revved one to over 11k!

Comment

Piston engines can of course but they don't like it. I read that Wankels have four moving parts compared to forty for a regular engine. Not sure if that entirely accurate but redlining a Wankel won't harm it as such. It seems that a good thrashing actually cleans it out, and driving like a granny at low revs causes carbon build up. With that said, it beeps at 8 or 9000 to remind you to change up. I also read that, unlimited by computer safety systems, the engine can happily go to 13,000 rpm before exploding

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                                I think Ferrari have already dismissed the 4x4 rumour, I believe they want to keep production below a certain level.
                                I really hope that's true, always thought it a terrible idea.

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
                                Alastair,

Did you sort the tyre/wheel problem then?
                                No mate, not yet, have had all the wheels re-balanced (again) but the high speed wobble is still there. Consulted with a mechanic yesterday and he suggested that the prop shaft is probably slightly bent but I need to get it on a wheel-less lift and run the engine in gear at speed to check for that. Am still 'liaising' with the garage and their warranty to get it sorted.
                                Last edited by Alastair; 28-08-2008, 08:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X