No announcement yet.

Batsugun...is it really that good??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batsugun is a goody; the sequel, Batrider, is arguably superior though. Although that wasn't a Saturn title. Don't think I'd put it in my top 5 as it faces stiff competition from Thunderforce 5, Battle Garegga and the raft of amazing ports the saturn got.
    I think 50 notes is overpriced, I think the most I saw it for in japan was about 30 and I think that's a lot to be honest, but I'm sure Mr Smith in the post above me will let you know
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      Blast Wind normally turns up on Yahoo every few weeks however even an opened copy with no spine goes from about 40 pounds. Way too much IMO.

By the way, I may have a Batsugun on the way to me this weekend. Talk about a coincidence!

Yakumo
      Lol that is a coincdence

Let me know when it's in your sweaty palms Yakumo & we'll sort something out...deffinitley eager to give it a play now

Escape,

I've heard sooooo many good things about Batrider...such a shame I doubt I'll ever get to play it
      Cant afford a Cab & I deffinitley cant Tate my 32" CRT Widescreen set even if I got a Supergun to play it on

Will have to start saving for a copy of Garegga though at some point as well

Neil

Comment

Batsugun is one of my all time fav shooters , it took a while to click, but when it did it never let me go, at times the amount of bullets on scree was insane . I also thing the music is utterly brilliant too

Comment

These SS shooters are soooo expensive... I would like Batsugun and Battle Garegga. (I love to music in the latter. )

Comment

I've heard sooooo many good things about Batrider...such a shame I doubt I'll ever get to play it
            An old Xbox and the FBAXXX emulator are your friend here
            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              Batsugun is one of my all time fav shooters , it took a while to click, but when it did it never let me go, at times the amount of bullets on scree was insane . I also thing the music is utterly brilliant too
              Managed to get my Saturn working (touch wood) today and got to play this properly for the first time in ages.

Seconded on the music and some of the colours used in the game are eye searingly good too the blue coastal waters on the second level are lush.

Comment

Sorry to get your hopes up guys but the batsugun turned out to be Bulk Slash. Some people really need to learn how to read

yakumo

Comment

Lol it's ok Yakumo no worries.

While we are on the subject of Saturn shotty's then what is a fair/good price for Battle Garrega??
                  Just so I know hum much I need to save for one lol

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                    Lol it's ok Yakumo no worries.

While we are on the subject of Saturn shotty's then what is a fair/good price for Battle Garrega??
                    Just so I know hum much I need to save for one lol

Neil
                    It's a much sought after game on the Saturn and as an arcade PCB so holds it's price well. Complete with spine card I'd say £40-£50 imho was well worth it, this is my favourite Saturn shooter. I paid £50.00 in April '06 for my copy which included a rather nice unused Battle Garegga phonecard.

Yakumo does a nice summary of the game over on his site.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStuey View Post
                      It's a much sought after game on the Saturn and as an arcade PCB so holds it's price well. Complete with spine card I'd say ?40-?50 imho was well worth it, this is my favourite Saturn shooter. I paid ?50.00 in April '06 for my copy which included a rather nice unused Battle Garegga phonecard.

Yakumo does a nice summary of the game over on his site.
                      Well ?50 is far better than the average Ebay price at the mo so I shall keep my peepers peeled for a better priced copy

Ta for the linky too...I keep forgetting that Yakumo has that site, gonna spend most of my day there now I think reading up on stuff, can see it getting expensive though lol

Neil

Comment

I aint a fan of Batsugun I find it very average (Ive got it on Saturn) your much better off spending it towards Battle Garraga.

You can get a Batsugun one off for ?45 from Lee at videogameimports.com at moment.

Comment

10 years later....

Neil, it's an amazing shooter. Did you ever get it?

Comment

It's funny looking back at the prices 10 years ago. Garegga for £40-50- try it now!

Comment

Working...
                            X