No announcement yet.

Saints Row 2 360/PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly. GTA went more serious which I did like. Although I missed jet packs and other tat, I'm glad they didn't add these in as it wouldn't have made sense.

So I'm over the moon Violition have decided to take the more extreme sides of GTA and amplify it by 10. Vive la difference I say.

Comment

Didn't Violition also make Kingpin?

They seriously need to make a sequel to that. The saints row series feels like it comes from the same roots.

Didn't they also make Conflict Freespace? Some quality varied titles right there, its a shame they haven't made many more games.

Comment

Think if i remember right thats Xatrix aka Gray Matter what made Kingpin (part of em became merged with Treyarch). Violation made Freespace series, Red faction and the Summoner (and I adored Freespace 1&2)

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post

And to see a female judge with a shotgun coming at you =
          forgot about that ,made me smile to.

Even when doing nothing its funny.Made a cup of tea came back picked up the pad then all hell let loose.

Two ladies started pushing and shoving behind my character.he was doing nothing.
          They took it to the street where one shoved another in front of a car.She died the other one made a run for it then two coppers came out the blue, pepper sprayed her then kicked the crap out of her.

I just walked past and went on my way.

This game is just FUN.

Comment

Now I've played it a bit more, I'm definitely warming to it.

Was chatting to a mate earlier and had parked my car up. There were three pimps standing around on a corner over the road. A cop car pulls up and the cop decides to open fire on the pimps. They then start punching him. Another cop arrives. They punch him and eventually one of the cops dies. One of the pimps then starts attacking the other cop with a nightstick. A guy with a samari sword arrives and gets beaten by a pimp - they're mean mofos that lot!

While all this is going on, cars are coming through knocking pimps and cops over and causing more mayhem. Just before the pimps finished everyone off, someone pulled up, gets out of their car and started applauding! Mental and VERY funny to watch

Comment

I played through the first mission and it made me laugh because my guy has a cockney voice. The customise options at the start are huge, makes Oblivion look really lacking. Some of the taunts and other options are really funny. RIDE THAT DONKEY!

Can't wait to play some more of this, would be either playing this or Dead Space. But i feel siiiick.

Comment

Loved the first one and tempted by this - but one question. What's the framerate like on this one chaps? I saw the ad on TV and it looks pretty bad, but then I saw some movies online and it looks really good! Is it as good as say GTA IV?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                  I played through the first mission and it made me laugh because my guy has a cockney voice. The customise options at the start are huge, makes Oblivion look really lacking. Some of the taunts and other options are really funny. RIDE THAT DONKEY!

Can't wait to play some more of this, would be either playing this or Dead Space. But i feel siiiick.
                  I tried making the very man your avatar complete with said voice

Comment

You can turn vsync on and off ingame and cutscenes so that could hinder frame rate. It plays fine so far for me.

Comment

Loved the first one and this one so far just builds on that, the amount of stuff to do and customization is overwhelming really, can see me playing this for a very long time.

Some of the random stuff like fights breaking out has had me in stitches, especially one bit when I was running down a street when

a streaker jumped out and started waggling his nob in front of me ,

grabbed him and chucked him under a car.

Favourite weapon so far are the shock paddles, and the Pee Wee mini motorbike is probably the greatest vehicle in a game ever.

Comment

The graphics are pants to be honest. Especially the hair which looks transparent in most cases.

Aside from that, its incredibly good fun. I have just been messing around blowing **** up, the activities are bloody hilarious.

I totally agree with what everyone has said previously, it certainly has the fun & chaos that the previous GTAs lacked.

Comment

Meh! Played this again last and have totally lost interest to be honest.

For me, just like Mercenaries 2 it lacks depth. Both games were fun the first few times you play em but then they just lose their charm.

It will be going back next week for Fable II I'm afraid.

Comment

Just managed to beat the final boss from the Sons of Samedi, that was pretty tough, in the end I stocked up with rocket launchers and beat him that way. I managed to die at the same time as him though but somehow passed the mission, but it didn't give me the cutscene straight after, might have to look on youtube to see if its on there.

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                            Aside from that, its incredibly good fun. I have just been messing around blowing **** up, the activities are bloody hilarious.
                            Agreed, funniest side activity I've done so far is Crowd Control

where you have to be a bodyguard for a celebrity and stop crazed fans attacking them, you have to grab them if they run out of the crowd and you get bonus points for chucking them onto car bonnets in the carpark, made me laugh as there was a dustbin lorry nearby so decided to chuck a couple in there, then I noticed a couple of lumberjacks stood near a tree, chucked one near them and they decided to carve him up with a chainsaw.

Fight Clubs pretty good as well, like the fact that you can actually pull off MMA moves.

Has anyone managed to complete Zombie Uprising yet?, seem to get so far in then run out of guns, only left with chainsaws and sledgehammers, can't get much further after that.

Comment

I played this solid for 5hours yesteday decided to create a new character (as was playing first one co-op) and found out I actually wasted 2 hours. Just wanted to check I hadnt missed out on co-op and for sure you dont so it really is 100% co-op game. Everyone else on my list was busy or out so I just stuck with it solo. It does loose alot of apeal on your own but its still good solid fun. I have it on hardcore though and Ive died a few times for it.

It has given me some nasty motion sickness in places but its in small waves thankfully. Ive also had its either 3 or 4 hard lockups when playing and their just when its been streaming data usually near the end of a big fight (one of em was a 25min clearout of a building to take over so had to do it again).

Yep its a buggy POS (ive got stuck a few times as well) what looks terrible but it plays so much damn fun. To me its what mercs 2 should have been a total co-op experience that when you play it you dont forfit everything to join a host (take the hint merc2 guys!) and you can even set it up for people to drop in and out at anytime. Its got loads to do and I spent nearly 2hours just finding everything on the map (even went for a plane ride). Co-op for me only GOW can beat it I guess.

Comment

Does anyone with the PS3 version want to play co-op?

Comment

Working...
                                X