No announcement yet.

Saints Row 2 360/PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 3 hours. Quite a few problems with it tonight. I had two more lockups and I had two major bugs. One with Ronin on a clean out in the Uni. Took 3 attempts as it was very hard (Ive been playing hardcore from the off) and got to right near end. Had to blow some boats up and as I jumped down he clipped into a marble post and he was stuck inside it, nobody could kill him and he couldnt hit out = reset and loose the checkpoint. 2nd one was a heli ride with me in back with SAW (just like start with boat) and it broke on 5 bloody attempts. 2nd part you have to shoot some cars and theirs 2. The game then after the second one is suposed to follow the third but instead he decides to go down a different street and then moves very slowly stopping all the time basically until you reset. I ended up giving up with it after 4 attempts (as its the other side of the map for me) and did the Ronin one (only for that to break lol) went back and it did it on the next attempt.

Even with that though I bloody love this. The missions are more fun than on GTA and had some really good story parts come into it now. Great game and even with the bugs Id give it a 8/10 now so far. Im currently stuck on a VERY hard mission and gave up after around 9 attempts for food.

Anyone who played this played the first one to great length? Just wondering if its the same with the cribs and missions/sub missions etc.. as might pick it up again on the cheap later on (as wasnt really a GTA fan till I got into 4, played em in bits but now Im right into em all).

Comment

I've just been doing the activities, i've only done 4 story missions so far. :P

The activities unlock bonuses. If you do all the hitman ones you get infinite ammo for pistols and rifles.

Comment

Ooh better do that tommorow then cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
          Anyone who played this played the first one to great length? Just wondering if its the same with the cribs and missions/sub missions etc.. as might pick it up again on the cheap later on (as wasnt really a GTA fan till I got into 4, played em in bits but now Im right into em all).
          The first one works in much the same way, though there's a couple less types of activity to complete. The map is pretty much the same too, with, I think, just some changes to the buildings which fits with the gap in the story.

Comment

Awesome fun! This is full of hilarious moments. Ash and I were playing loads over the weekend.

Not really a spoiler but just in case:

Last night we played a mission at a funeral in a cemetary. Cue loads of rival gang members turning up at once in cars to kill us, but in a moment of sheer win one of the AI drivers drove his car into the open grave!

Even better, in the next cutscene, the car was still there! Its back end sticking up in the air out of the grave whilst the scene continued!!!

Utter genius.

Comment

What version you got Dazzy?, been playing the PS3 one for about 18hrs now and not had one lockup, had a few glitches though, pedestrian getting stuck in a car and and one mission where someone was invincible no matter how many bullets I put in them.

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
              The missions are more fun than on GTA
              I'd agree with that at the moment, the missions are definately a lot more action packed, the aiming system in this just like the first game is excellent as well, Rockstar really need to copy this as although GTA4 was an improvement it was still pretty poor in this department.

I like the Cruise control feature they've added as well, makes it alot easier to drive and shoot.

Comment

Is it possible to save

Carlos when he's being dragged by the Brotherhood truck? I thought I'd saved him just in time but he died

The game is much fun. Got my Patrick Bateman character cruising around on a chopper with Hall & Oates playing is more Vice City than Vice City.

Comment

The only station i have been listening to is The Mix. After awhile your character will start singing along to it, which is preety funny. Especially to Europe - The Final Countdown.

Comment

That is pretty funny, on one of the missions I did my passanger started singing along to that Neyo song So Sick.

I think there is a reference to GTA4 in this as well, I remember a thread which I think was started on gamefaqs, a few people were moaning that Niko couldn't buy fingerless gloves like was shown on the art work. Theres a few stores in this where you can buy them.

Comment

Absolutely loving this game. I'd go as far to say I'm enjoying the solo aspect more than GTA4. The one gripe I had GTA4 was that Rockstar had done a fantastic job with Liberty City, but there was sod all to do there. Whilst SR lacks the shine and polish, it feels more complete. Twenty hours in so far and I've barely touched the story missions, it's just too easy to get distracted making your way around the map.

Has anyone found that their character sings along to my than one song? So far I've only heard mine sing Take On Me. I think I'll have to compile a soundtrack of just the tunes they sing along to.

Comment

Originally posted by mmcg View Post
                        Why oh why did they keep the respect bar?

Having to fill it up to do missions absolutely killed the first game.
                        Haven't read anything past this. Not going to bother with this one now.

Comment

LoL. I haven't even begun the story missions and i've already maxed out the respect bar and made it infinite.

Comment

Originally posted by Riskbreaker View Post
                            The one gripe I had GTA4 was that Rockstar had done a fantastic job with Liberty City, but there was sod all to do there. Whilst SR lacks the shine and polish, it feels more complete. Twenty hours in so far and I've barely touched the story missions, it's just too easy to get distracted making your way around the map.
                            My sentiments exactly - I was really annoyed with the fact that GTA4 looked so good, but there was just nothing to do - there was no reason to explore, no games to play, nothing to discover. I so wanted to ride that roller coaster, and play that mini-putt game

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                            Haven't read anything past this. Not going to bother with this one now.
                            Don't let the respect bar put you off... on this game, you get respect for just driving around!! You can generate about 5 missions worth by just doing a few activities (and the new ones are awesome fun - particularly crowd control and the muck spreading!)

Without a shadow of doubt, this game is more enjoyable than GTA4, and I love GTA with a passion!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asholay View Post
                              Don't let the respect bar put you off... on this game, you get respect for just driving around!! You can generate about 5 missions worth by just doing a few activities (and the new ones are awesome fun - particularly crowd control and the muck spreading!)
                              What he said.

Also, once you've built up enough style rank (just through buying stuff to customize your character), your respect points get multiplied. I've finished the prologue missions and a couple of missions against each rival gang and my respect bar is at x65. And I still have tons of diversions left. I honestly doubt you'll have difficulty picking up enough points unless you're absolutely determined to play only the story missions.

And the some of the diversions are such a riot it'd be a waste to pass them by.

Comment

Good to hear guys, i'll give this one a look then!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X