No announcement yet.

Banjo Kazooie Nuts&Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know.. I kind of enjoyed improving my vehicle to earn a jiggy for the race challenge the problem I see with this game is it appears it had no real driving force from day one. The story doesn't have a leg to stand and is merely a weak excuse for this huge sand box they created and ultimately the game seems like it will just be a mish-mash of mini games rolled into one. Graphics are solid and complete with a few nice touches but the subtle nostalgic tunes from Banjo & Kazooie only served to tease me as a reminder for the game this ought to have been. Incidentally most of the things I enjoyed in the demo were the little bits that made the jump from the original N64 game - Mumbo, Bottles, stupid bear and dumb bird, jiggies and music notes.

May consider on the cheap where as this would have been a day one had Rare played their cards right like every one expected them to.

Comment

It's a fine looking game but I'm still not sure about the building element etc.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was playing it and going "this would be really great if it stuck to the original formula"

Comment

There was a great description on another forum of someone who'd made a catapult contraption to win the football minigame. I think that's what the game is aiming it, inspiring creativity.

Comment

I can really see the potential of this and it looks and sounds great (I'm a sucker for anything BK; as soon as the music kicks in me little feet start dancing) but it really seemed fiddly and I'm not sure I have the patience to sit and do all the building/modifying of vehicles that it seems to require.

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice View Post
            There was a great description on another forum of someone who'd made a catapult contraption to win the football minigame. I think that's what the game is aiming it, inspiring creativity.
            If i wanted that i'd be playing LBP.

Comment

Just had a quick go and I loved it. But then again I love this kind of thing. I'll be spending hours just driving mad things about.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Oh yes visually and sonically is nothing short of sensational . I just hate the building your own transport part , and wish it was all 100 % platform
                When I was a kid, me and my mates liked straightforward platformers, and.. now as an adult I crave simplicity even more.

As soon as I saw that BanjoKazooie had become like a kids lego kit - I knew it wasn't for me.

I think RARE have gone down the wrong road with this; even though it looks very nice and is lovingly made.

They could have spent time honing a brilliant platformer - that a lot of gamers of all ages could have enjoyed. I don't think many adults are going to have the patience for this; and not many kids own a 360.

Comment

I think Rare have done a brave thing not going for the obvious move, and we all know a straight forward platformer wouldn't have matched Mario Galaxy anyway.

Comment

@Zero9X

well that's going to be its problem isn't it.

It's probably not going to offer nearly the customisation that lbp does. It's come out at the wrong time really.
                    Last edited by FreelancePolice; 30-10-2008, 06:37.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                      I think Rare have done a brave thing not going for the obvious move, and we all know a straight forward platformer wouldn't have matched Mario Galaxy anyway.
                      I don't think Rare have the luxury of being brave, going from their previous efforts recently. In fact I think they are foolish for thinking people wanted anything other than a "standard" platform game from Banjo and co. Also, it doesnt have to match Mario Galaxy to be a great platformer, besides, Mario isnt available on the 360.

I'm not saying this isnt a good game, I just think the majority of people just won't want to spend time building vehicles in a game setting that is begging to be a fully fledged platformer.

Comment

have to say I've cancelled a pre-order, not even played it just watched my son and it looks irritating and fiddly to play (but gorgeous to look at).

i thought he'd hate it but he's spent a couple of hours on the demo and gone back to it again today, which he never does with demos.

watching it though I feel no desire to pick up the controller,never a good sign. I'll wait for some peace and quiet later and maybe have a bash.

Comment

I thought it was meh indifference. One of those games you get around christmas nothing outstanding but not rubbish either. For me its definetly gone of the impulse part of my list (as was unsure about it till the demo) and gone into the get a JPN 360 you idiot fund for DDPDJ instead. This for me next year in bargin bin for half the price.

Comment

The visuals in this demo are AMMMMMAZZING!

But the gameplay left me cold!

?'m not one for building and tinkering with cars, and I was just hoping for a platformer in this amazing Pixar quality environment.

**sigh**

I hope Rare manage to makes some sales on this, I think it's a good game, just a long way from my tastes.

Comment

I actaully quite enjoyed it. I hated the idea of vechiles when I first heard about it but now I really like it as the game has obviously been built entirely around it. I love the way the vechiles you build affect performance so much and how you can strategically build one to each challenge. First one I did was the football one with the pusher you get at the start. At first I thought this was really difficult and ready to smash my xbox as the ball kept rolling away (I never thought of putting the ball in the cart) so then I used the mumbo pusher blueprint and it was 10x easier. I went from not being able to do 4 balls to doing 8 on my first go on the pusher. Then I made my own vechile that allowed me to push 2 balls at once and did 12. The idea of a catapult sounds amazing, no idea how that would work.

My only qualm with the game is in the n64 platformers I really liked the idea of going out and hunting for stars or jigsaw pieces based on clues rather than being told where to find them on the minimap. But then again looking in the first level there does look like theres tons of stuff to do outside the 4 challenges and I couldn't find a single jingo.

And it's ridicolous that the game costs $40 in the US but £40 here. We get shafted on game's prices normally but this is too far. It makes me not want to buy it on principle.

Comment

The graphics are stunning, shame the actual environments are bland as 'eck.
                                There is just too many big blank open areas, obviously just so you can drive the vehicle up them.

Comment

Working...
                                X