No announcement yet.

Banjo Kazooie Nuts&Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quite enjoyed this as well. I think the problem is you get plonked into this arena with a very brief intro and then have to try and find your feet.

Its visually one of the best 360 titles I have seen and I loved the environments, there is so much detail. The one with the giant snowman is particularly stunning.

I spent most of my time just driving around taking in the sites.

Not sure about the driving though. the handling is rather frustrating.

Comment

The cart you start with is terrible and you should never use it again once you open the first level. I do think that early vechiles handling is a bit too poor and unforgiving but then again once you get more parts it does need to feel like an upgrade. Making even small changes to your vechile makes big differences so I'm sure even from the start you could make a very stable machine. Even having a symmetrical vechile except for 1 side having an extra fuel cell will make the vechile not be able to drive straight.

Comment

I had another go on this with the missus and its superb. Didn't explore or anything just made different buggies with the stock 20 parts. You can make motorbikes, 3 wheelers and all kinds. I just had like an engine or two, with a fuel tank, wheels and banjo riding high tail. Also with a propellor fitted it would take flight over jumps and all kinds. Superb fun.

Comment

Originally posted by glitch View Post
          The cart you start with is terrible and you should never use it again once you open the first level. I do think that early vechiles handling is a bit too poor and unforgiving but then again once you get more parts it does need to feel like an upgrade. Making even small changes to your vechile makes big differences so I'm sure even from the start you could make a very stable machine. Even having a symmetrical vechile except for 1 side having an extra fuel cell will make the vechile not be able to drive straight.
          Cool I was hoping that might be the case. I will have another blast. Pretty meaty demo as well.

I'm going to wait for some final reviews, but I reckon this could be a purchase for me. I had zero interest in this to be honest having never played any of the N64 titles, so maybe that helps.

Comment

Yes it does help, Rare have seriously ruined Banjo for me. It is a platformer at heart, not a tinkering, let's spend hours trying to customise a vehicle that does not even bother to do any handling! I despair at what their QA team is like!

Cancelled my pre-order as I ended up feeling so disappointed and could not get around how cheap the use of the vehicles is. The first race should inspire and as for that one defending the eyes, what is going on!!

Rare are no longer a good studio in my eyes, you can see what a great game it should have been, perfect environments and musical score, even the on foot Banjo feels right but why oh why must the vehicles be the focus and not even work well at that!

Comment

I think they have a talented team, but whoever decided not to make it a true platformer will regret it when it goes in the bargain bin after a few weeks of release.

Comment

Just out of interest, do the people who mentioned that they were disappointed it's not a platformer, know before hand that it wasn't a platformer.
                Last edited by FreelancePolice; 31-10-2008, 08:34.

Comment

I say fair play to Rare. A full blown platformer just wouldn't of had enough game design to carry it in this day and age, they have done stuff like Kameo in the past plus the old Banjo is coming out on live. I think this idea is a good one. It works well and plays decent.

Comment

The loading screen actaully says

Disappointed with the vehicle based gameplay? Why don't you buy Banjo Kazooie from Xbox live

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post

Disappointed with the vehicle based gameplay? Why don't you buy Banjo Kazooie from Xbox live
                      LOL, that's almost as bad as Peter Molyneux calling Fable 2 **** (which he effectively did)

Comment

LOL they have obviously been listening to folks opinions.

I can see their point though. Maybe they felt that the they can't improve on the original other than giving it a visual overhaul so haven't bothered trying. A problem with a lot of Japanese stuff these days is its the same games we played 10 years ago with a visual overhaul and a different number clagged on the end of the title.

However it still remains to be seen whether it ultimately turns out to be a good game!

Comment

I didn't play the demo for long enough to get into it, but I'm still fairly hopeful that the full game will be fun, trying to overcome problems and puzzles by building vehicles and doing missions to get extra parts.

Comment

I didn't play the demo for long enough to get into it, but I'm still fairly hopeful that the full game will be fun, trying to overcome problems and puzzles by building vehicles and doing missions to get extra parts.
                            My feelings exactly, it certainly feels like the more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

Comment

As a raving banjo fanboy I thought this demo was very impressive. I was a total sceptic about the vehicle change of gameplay but the whole thing is banjo fan service!

Gimme gimme gimme. Anyone else see/care in showdown town bottles sells "The truth behind Stop N Swop"

Comment

I just hope it gets reviewed based on what it is and what it offers rather than what it isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X