Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banjo Kazooie Nuts&Bolts

Demo is up at 1.07 GB. Has single player and mutiplayer

The game opens and throws you right into it with a quirky intro. Quite alot of wit and charm as we expect from Rare. No voices or narrator just text. You seem to be able to talk to every character.

The vehicle creator is simple intuitive to use. Despite the simpleness of it, I can see some very complicated machines coming from dedicated players.

Controls are easy and very straightforward. Shouldn't be any doubt when using these. When you're in the vehicle its like any other driving game. RT to go forward and LT to go backwards.

Graphics are impressive and very stylised as you have seen. Frame-rate seems to be stable (although I heard it slows down near water). No screen tearing at all so far.

update with impressions as the demo progresses.
    Last edited by El Leone; 29-10-2008, 11:24.

Just had a go at this and my impressions are mixed.

On the plus side, Besides a bit of pop up and a few frame rate dips the game looks great, very Viva Pinata-ish, and it controls pretty well, even if I did have a bit of difficulty controling my vehicle at first. The demo world is pretty massive (once it finaly lets you play it), contains loads of variety and pretty impresive to look at overall.

Negatives are that the tasks you have to complete to get the Jiggies just arent much fun in the demo (picking up footballs, putting them in your vehicle and driving a mile before dumping them in a net and then repeating for instance). Also maybe it was just me, but there seemed to be somthing very unfocused and messy about the sttructure of the game. Then theres the dialogue boxes that often seem to pop up and disapear far too quickly for you to read them and the writing is tiny and will probabaly give most people eye strain.

Overall I found it enjoyable enough but I wouldnt buy the game from the demo really.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 29-10-2008, 13:52.

Comment

The game looks beautiful acually. But i found it rather boring to play. I'm going to cancel my preorder of this, will pick it up if first play impressions are good and when its cheap enough. Theres far too many games coming for me at the moment and i don't really need this right now.

Comment

I am going to get the Us version but how comes it ?40 over here yet you can buy it from VG+ for around ?23 with shipping at the current rate.

Comment

allot of fun, but i wish the demo was of just a plaforming level its quite depthly for a demo,with u havning to make a veichle, what the hells going on lol, i loved banjo1 +2

still should be worth picking up once its out and saving it for christmas

Comment

Graphically it is super nice. I love Banjo, played it on the N64, prefered it to mario 64, but I just find this boring. I wish they just did another Banjo platformer :P

Comment

Its absolutely terrible and boring , and enough to put you off the game for life .
              Unless the final game is 10 million times better , this a worse mess up than PDZ

Comment

I've got to say I quite enjoyed it. I loved the presentation and it does look gorgeous. The gameplay is a bit odd at first but after a bit of messing around it was growing on me.

Might wait and see if it's region free and import

Comment

Yeah it will be

Comment

Won't be region free as they are releasing it as a budget title in the states.

Demo is distinctly meh...

Comment

Every MGS title has been so far though, but your reasoning does sound good.

Comment

Mixed feelings here too, the graphics are really impressive but I found the vehicle controls very frustrating. I think I was making life extremely difficult for myself on the football challenge though because I was actually ramming the balls along and didn't think to actually pick them up and put them in the tray. I even modified the cart so it had something to keep the ball attached to the front while turning...

I'd expect that with upgrades you can put some more weight onto the car and make it handle better, but I'm not sure how much depth they've put into that sort of thing. I hardly expect it to be like Forza!

The starting town looked pretty nice and seemed to have lots to do and find, also appears to be huge judging by all the doors available and areas locked off. Didn't realise the game had a day\night cycle - at night it looked flipping amazing. Inside Banjotown the graphics were also very impressive - so clean and bright, the screens (and videos) don't do it justice.

The structure...not so great. The games weren't that fun in the demo to say the least. I imagine it'll improve when you have a task such as "invent a water-based craft and enter a race" and going by the vehicle you get to race for one of the challenges (and the video at the end) it looks like you can invent some pretty crazy things.

I had very little interest in this previously to be honest, and the demo has made me curious but still not entirely convinced.

Comment

Feels like one of those pawned off Wallace and Gromit platformers. Has all of the surface parts (with added springs!) but the gameplay is just a dull rehash.

Comment

Obviously this is only a demo but if representative of the final game then I won't be buying it!

I know that they say "you can't polish a turd" but Rare have done a great job polishing this; it looks incredible! It's just a shame that the game is boring as hell and I derived absolutely no fun from my short time with it.

Why is it that Rare couldn't have just made a nice, straightforward 3D platformer with maybe a few vehicle sections?

Why they've decided to focus purely on the vehicle sections under the vague assumptions that the "casual market", that Microsoft so dearly want to grab a hold of, will want to spend their time creating instead of playing Wii <insert generic word here> is beyond me.

Damn it, why can't Rare make 'em like they used to?

Comment

Oh yes visually and sonically is nothing short of sensational . I just hate the building your own transport part , and wish it was all 100 &#37; platform

Comment

Working...
                              X