• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Annihilation (PC)
    Soul Reaver (PS1)
    WE10 (PS2)
    EDF2 (PS2)
    Streets of Rage 2 (MD)

When 360 is classified as retro, then add Chromehounds and Nier.

I’ve no idea what I’d pick off the C64. Maybe a Codemasters platformer. It’s galling to miss off Goldeneye, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
      3: Gran Turismo PlayStation Japanese version
      Why the first game?

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
      WE10 (PS2)
      If I couldn't have Sensible Soccer, I'd choose a WE game. Is WE10 known to be the best for some reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        [MENTION=2587]samanosuke[/MENTION] good shout on Frontier. Waiting for my furia 68020 accelerator for my A600 then I’m all over this. Only ever played it on a stick A500 back in the day. Looking forward to playing it at 12x the frame rate!
        Oh yeah, Amiga version all the way. Used to run beautifully on my ‘060 A4k until I got shot of all my Amiga kit about ten years ago. The A600/Phantom 2 combo does tempt me back but I have to remind myself not to go down the retro collecting rabbit hole again. My 16-bit SNES/MD combo does me just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          Why the first game?

If I couldn't have Sensible Soccer, I'd choose a WE game. Is WE10 known to be the best for some reason?
          For me, WE7 International Edition was the pinnacle of the series. WE10 was great but they dropped the English menu option and, for me, the best thing was having English menus but Japanese commentary. Who can forget lines like “Scummo, yerrow cardo” or “chance desu”? Much better than “Nearly a foul” which I think was meant to be “clearly” but sounded like “nearly”.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
            For me, WE7 International Edition was the pinnacle of the series. Who can forget lines like “Scummo, yerrow cardo” or “chance desu”? Much better than “Nearly a foul” which I think was meant to be “clearly” but sounded like “nearly”.
            I'll try WE7 & 10 -- and see which version I like the most. I have WE6 Final Evolution for the PS2.

Comment

WE10 just seemed to be the version that I got most out of. I’m sure it was the edition when Bos came through.
              Last edited by prinnysquad; 12-11-2018, 20:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                Why the first game?
                The first game was a breath of fresh air at the time and the Japanese version had better menu music and presentation along with the FTO LM edition which was a prize car and easily the best in the game.
                Don't know if this is true or not but the car in the game is a 4WD car, Mitsubishi were considering bringing one out but at the time of game release it wasn't decided, Polyphony went ahead and put it in the game anyway only for Mitsubishi not to bring that version of the car out.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                  The first game was a breath of fresh air at the time and the Japanese version had better menu music and presentation along with the FTO LM edition which was a prize car and easily the best in the game.
                  I didn't know it was different to the Western release. My favourite game in the series is GT3.

Comment

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (ps2)
                    Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (pc)
                    Carmageddon 2 (pc)
                    Final Doom (ps1)
                    Diablo 2 (pc)

Comment

Elevator Action (arcade)
                      Wizball (c64)
                      Speedball 2 (Amiga)
                      The Chaos Engine (Amiga)
                      Rock N Roll Racing (Super Famicom)

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post

Final Doom (ps1)
                        Diablo 2 (pc)

Great games that offer depth and lots of replay value.

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                        Speedball 2 (Amiga)
                        I think it's best with another person who's good at it, but still a great game to ease boredom.
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 15-11-2018, 12:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                          Elevator Action (arcade)
                          Wizball (c64)
                          Speedball 2 (Amiga)
                          The Chaos Engine (Amiga)
                          Rock N Roll Racing (Super Famicom)
                          Some good choices there, if we could choose ten games then Speedball II and RnR Racing would be in my list.

Comment

Working...
                          X