No announcement yet.

Capcom vs SNK 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

liksang.com are selling them for around ?10 - ?15.

Comment

I count myself lucky with droppers, since I haven't come into contact with very many. But last-night I fought a Grade M player (who was 80/203). I managed to wipe 2 of his team out with my R1 Kim and on his third character (Blanka) the sod pulled after my final Hurricane Kick connected. >_<

Why do these sore losers continue to populate this game?

Comment

I was fuming last night about one dropper in particular. ft:

I got beaten by him in the first 4 games we had and obviously lost gracefully. I was just about to beat him in the 5th game and the f#@ker dropped!!

Being dropped in the first game is bad enough, but when you've been beaten 4 times and then get dropped thats just taking the piss. ft:

Comment

Seeing as though we're telling 'dropper' stories here's mine from this morning.

My current Ranking N, select an opponent ranked F (with some very favourable win/lose statistics) so statistically this guy is way my superior.

Anyway, we both take the standard 3 partner team and put our Ratio 2 character in last, and this guy cimpletely wastes my level 1 charas and obviously I am feeling less than confident. Although my Iori is to come, beating 3 opponents of a superior player. And despite taking a SC at the start everything goes right. My parrying is flawless, my combos superior and even finish the second player witha dramatic KO. Clearly I've got a chance, in what is a magnificent comebakc. Anyway, he balls up his attack in the final round and falls to my Iori. Obviously I'm pretty damn chuffed with myself, but then... DROP.

ft: ft: ft: ft: ft: ft: ft: ft: ft: ft:

Comment

That's harsh man >_<

I can't see why Capcom can't do anything about these sore losers. Awarding the Ratio and Win points if a deliberate dropped connection is detected or something? If they can fix the sound-bug, then in theory they should be able do something about this, since it's a server-side issue isn't it?

Comment

Thing is, and I don't want to sound anti-American or anything, but it does seem to be when I go worldwide and select English players that it happens most. Whenever I play asian or domestic players, I have no trouble whatsoever.

Comment

Aside from my experience last-night, I've been pretty lucky where droppers are concerned. I usually stick to people on my Friends list and if nobody's on, I'll go hunting for a match.

Last-night I came up against an A rank player, who didn't give me a particularly good match, since he beat me with the ol' roll / throw tactic and it wasn't till I was on my second R2 character that I started getting out of em'.

I don't mind losing, but I'd rather lose to a good beating rather than through the same method time and time again.

Comment

I havent had anyone drop on me for the past couple of days but i had a feller ask me before starting the game if i was going to pull on him. Now to be honest i wouldnt pull on any match intentionally and i actually find that having the **** beat out of me in style is just as enjoyable as winning. Call me wierd but i just find the layers of skill in this game fascinating.

If anyone fancies a 20 game winning run then add me to your friends list. I'm going to be on this afternoon if anyone is around.

Also have you found that in general higher ranked players dont want to challenge you if you have a low rank?

Comment

A link from i just found at Gamefaqs.

Comment

Well I just got this game... and I love it.

Problem for me though is, from here in Australia, the majority of games I connect to I get a "Bad" rating for the network. Some have been playable but some have been so laggy it was a completely hit and miss affair.

My ranking so far is R, with 10 losses and no wins... so I guess I am amazing at the game.

Played against an S ranked asian player last night where the connection was very good and got my arse handed back to me in a doggy bag, complete with napkin but it was an amazing experience. I actually managed, partly by complete fluke to take out two of his characters so it wasnt a total whitewash.

I obviously havent had anyone dropout on me yet because I am an easy kill but at the same time I honestly dont give a toss about the online rankings overall... its just great to see a 2D fighter, worldwide and online.

Will have to wait until October though for the full quota of Aussie player to become available....

Comment

Justa quick note, I boughht a Gamester Arcade stick and abnsolutely love it, my advice is if you havent got megabucks to spend on a stick get one, Its like having an arcade in your house

Oh and I'm even worse with the stick than I am with the Controller-S pad after years of Playstation fighters with the Dual shock pad, however it does FEEL better with the stick and my Zangief is a lot more dangerous !

Comment

Working...
                        X