An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam View Post
    Are the ones you're replacing painted black by any chance? Replaced mine on the Chun-Li TES with all silver ones as the paint was coming away from them and it looked tacky.

The exact screws I got are not listed anymore on ebay but the order was for "M4(4mmØ) A2 Stainless Steel Flanged Button Head Bolts, Hex Socket Allen Screws" which cost me £1.02, if that's any help to you

No mine are silver, I really actually dislike the artwork I really should look at changing it, it is this one

Originally posted by concretesnail View Post
    You might be able to open the rear of the case and access the thread where it screws into the chassis, a pair of grips to unscrew there. Failing that as it a cap head you should be able to press in the next size of hex tool if the current shape rounds or cut a groove in it to get a flat blade driver on it. Good luck.
    Mate this was such a good shout, I opened the bottom and while I can't get to the screw it did expose the bottom of the stick and I was able to tighten that screw and hopefully that solves the issue of the ball top requiring tightening in between each round.

Long term I am going to have to cut a groove in the screw so I can use a flat top to get it out. Almost feel all those years ago I should have paid the extra £50 to get the TES2. I even remember ordering one and Amazon delivering and I returned it and got the cheaper one.

Maybe this is what will push me over the edge to get a Razerblade leverless but I don't think my fingers are capable of playing that way.
    Last edited by wargame; 08-11-2023, 19:31.

Comment

Glad you got sorted. If it does work loose again then a small dab of blue lock tight will stop vibration walking the screw out but still allow you to undo it if you need to.

Comment

Right next problem that is about to crop up. Just folding the cable away this evening and noticed a split in the outer housing. I am sure with enough time this will become more serious.

Anyone ever swapped the cable out on a Madcatz TES+? Can't seem to find any videos on YouTube (no shortage of how to swap the stick).

I have seen a few posts on Reddit suggesting it's just a standard USB cable and you need to solder it to the board.

Comment

Should be a simple job. Would actually take longer for the soldering iron to heat up than to actually fix the problem!

Comment

What's the consensus on the Hori Fighting Stick Alpha? How does it compare to a former Madcatz SF era stick.

Comment

Bought this from AliExpress for 34 quid, which included shipping came in 5 days. Absolutely over the moon with it.

Last edited by hudson; 19-02-2024, 08:01.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                Bought this from AliExpress for 34 quid, which included shipping came in 5 days. Absolutely over the moon with it.
                That looks like an incomplete but beautiful MiSTer style bit of hardware. I love it!

Comment

Bummer, the image isn't working.
                  Any chance of a link to the actual stick?

Comment

The 'this' in my post above is the link

Comment

The 'this' in my post above is the link
                      Ah, didn't see that on the phone.
                      Man, that looks more like some DJs mixing desk than a joystick 😅😁

Comment

Oh mate, you'll need to send that back as there's no joystick on it!

Comment

Are you using that on PC? I'd not expect it to behave with SF6 on PS5.

Comment

I have a Mayflash-S Ultimate which (if you update its firmware) allows you to connect to PS5. I've also been using on my Steam Deck.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                              What's the consensus on the Hori Fighting Stick Alpha? How does it compare to a former Madcatz SF era stick.
                              Personally, I think it's great, other trhan the button layout. It's Noir, which some prefer but I'm a Vewlix layout guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X