No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was quite happy looking out for an EX2... until I read some posts over at VFDC saying that the buttons last about 6 months before becoming unresponsive, and other complaints. What do people think about this? I'm hardly skilled enough to mod a stick, nor can I really afford to.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
      I was quite happy looking out for an EX2... until I read some posts over at VFDC saying that the buttons last about 6 months before becoming unresponsive, and other complaints. What do people think about this? I'm hardly skilled enough to mod a stick, nor can I really afford to.
      Well I'v had mine since about april/may last year (bought off these forums) and it's had pretty regular use (virtua fighter, street fighter, fatal fury, samurai shodown), and it's still the same responsivness as when I bought it.

Comment

To be honest now that you mention it I do sometimes get the odd button stick on my one where it doesnt seem to recognise a button press which cane get damn annoying in the middle of Raiden Fighters or Shikigami & I dont use mine that often so I would say they arent as great as you'd expect.

It doesnt happen very often but it is deffinitley there & I just assumed it was my one playing up due to lack of use because it starts working fine again after a couple of presses but if it's a common occurence not so good

I'm currently loking into the possibilty of getting mine modded with Sanwa parts soon anyway so hopefully that will fix the problem

Neil

Comment

I bought my EX2 in October 2007 and have never had any issues with buttons not responding. I don't hammer the buttons, however, and also don't use it for 18 hours a day.

I'm still trying to decide whether to get a Hori RAP EX but the exchange rate has made it rather more expensive than I was hoping

Given that the EX2 is much, much cheaper than the RAP or MadCatz TE I think it's a pretty decent stick for the money.

Comment

I've had buttons not responding on Hori sticks before, I'm not sure they stand up to heavy use. My Namco arcade stick (manufactured by Hori I believe) has always been fine though.

A Madcatz standard stick plus Sanwa joystick and buttons should come in at under £100 (I don't know if anything else needs to be replaced).

Comment

WHAtS the deal with these new SF tourny sticks , cant seem to find them anywhere , signed up for Amazon notifications but nothing as of yet

Comment

For me if your going to get a stick either get something like the hori pro 3 or madacatz standard (ie £70 model) or the TE or dont bother. Dont bother with the EX2 its very poor the button and stick are pretty average to say the least and its not got very good build quality. I have one myself and use it for shmups and I get terrible hand cramp on it as well. I also have the pro 3 on PS3 and its just lightyears ahead. Honestly for me if I had the choice of having to play SFIV on either the EX2 or buying a SFIV pad Id buy a pad instead and Im a stick man lol

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                  WHAtS the deal with these new SF tourny sticks , cant seem to find them anywhere , signed up for Amazon notifications but nothing as of yet
                  I've been on the notification since 20th of Jan as well. Signed myself up for the Ken fightpad as well, however, I didn't receive a notification when those were back in stock yesterday. Might be worth checking back frequently.

As for TE sticks, it was reported that they had more pre-orders than the planned production run and there may be more coming in a few months time.

Battle Fantasia looks good. Hope MvC2 and more older NeoGeo games do come out on the 360 at some point. Had to look up what partnernet was.

Comment

They already done another shipment of TE and they will be out for release then another batch following March time from what Ive read.

Comment

sticks its definitely a comeback with this major game being released. i dont like many of the manufactured sticks at the moment. i'll probs save money and build my own.

Comment

Originally posted by DryRice View Post
                        sticks its definitely a comeback with this major game being released. i dont like many of the manufactured sticks at the moment. i'll probs save money and build my own.
                        Thinking of building my own as well now thanks to SF4, unless I can track down a VSHG relatively cheap, i doubt it though. The only thing I'm not comfortable with is soldering, anyone tried making a stick with the Cthulhu board, seems easy enough with screw in terminals for the wiring, thinking of giving that a go.

Comment

Soldering is just a fear thing, it's actually really easy (unless you're talking about the kind of needlepoint soldering you need to do if you're modchipping, but I doubt it gets like that when you're putting a stick together).

It's really only my woodworking skills that have put me off doing my own stick, the electronics side holds no fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                            Soldering is just a fear thing, it's actually really easy (unless you're talking about the kind of needlepoint soldering you need to do if you're modchipping, but I doubt it gets like that when you're putting a stick together).

It's really only my woodworking skills that have put me off doing my own stick, the electronics side holds no fear.
                            I totally suck at this. I can do basic soldering, but I nearly killed my Dreamcast once I am sure of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                              A dead Dreamcast and Xbox thanks to my soldering skills have told me to stay well clear of that stuff.

Comment

Haven't touched any sticks since the Dreamcast days and it seems people really don't rate the EX2. As someone who loved the UK official Dreamcast stick I was wondering how the others on the market for the 360 compared to it, is the EX2 any worse? Mainly going to be using it for VF5, SF2HD and Tekken 6 to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X