No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you considered a Hori? I think their cheaper and easier to pick up then the SF4 TE. The hori is 100% Sanwa this time too.
    Last edited by Shozuki; 21-02-2009, 12:49.

Comment

I'm finding my fightpad to be far better for SF4 than my EX2 is. But it was fine for Soul Calibur 4. Waaaaay too much travel in the stick to do all those stick rolls that Street Fighter needs.

Comment

Just taken delivery of my Mad Catz standard SF4 stick and I'm looking to swap out the buttons and the balltop with proper Sanwa parts. Does anybody happen to know which parts I'll need from Gremlin Solutions?

So far, I'm looking at the following:

Sanwa Pushbuttons OBSF-30 Snap In

Sanwa Joystick Handles LB-30

There's also an LB-35 for the stick balltop, though I'm not entirely sure which one most closely matches that on the stock config/TE stick. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Are you just looking to replace the ball, or do you want an actual Sanwa stick? For the stick, you need JLF-TP-8Y or JLF-TP-8YT. The two are basically the same, but the YT has a mounting plate fitted whereas with the Y, you'd use the plate that's already in the stick. If it's just the ball, then the TE stick has a white LB-35.

The buttons are OBSF-30, yes.

Edit: This thread might help.

Comment

recently bought a Hori EX2 (the one that came with VF5 stickers) and have mainly played Soul Calibur with it. the build quality, stick precision and button responsiveness is poor compared to my 7 year old Namco Arcade stick. i've ordered the Mad Catz Street Fighter stick now and hope it's a better choice.

Comment

People who say Hori EX2 is not that good.
              How difficult to modded the stick and improve it. Just asking. Should I gone for PS3 version of SFIV as I got SCIV stick for PS3.

Comment

That thread should help you out if your looking into doing it.

Comment

Does anyone know if the PS3 SF IV TE stick will work on a pc or not?

Sorry if this is a daft Q but would it be suitable for most games requiring an arcade stick (thinking shmups, MAME etc.) or is it really limited to use with fighters?

Cheers!
                  Last edited by tom-nook; 22-02-2009, 20:42.

Comment

Originally posted by tom-nook View Post
                    Does anyone know if the PS3 SF IV TE stick will work on a pc or not?

Sorry if this is a daft Q but would it be suitable for most games requiring an arcade stick (thinking shmups, MAME etc.) or is it really limited to use with fighters?

Cheers!
                    Both 360 and PS3 TE/SE sticks are compatible with PC.

I think these sticks would be perfect for all your arcade experience needs.

There's a good FAQ compiled at SRK on th sticks here.

Comment

Cheers hoolak!

Couldn't really justify it for PS3 use alone but the fact that it'll work on my pc has clinched the deal. I'm currently using a DC arcade stick for my emu's (which is ok) but wanted something a wee bit better.

Comment

The TE sticks are pretty special, man. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Comment

I recently picked up the Hori Street Fighter IV Fighting Stick, based on the RAP3. It's my first stick purchase and I love the Sanwa lollipop, but does anybody think it's worth the effort with changing the buttons?

I've heard the Hori stock buttons aren't that great, but anybody know why? I can definitely see the quality of the stick, far more responsive than my mate's Mayflash, but want to understand how good buttons can be.

Sorry, that was rather long-winded. But thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by tom-nook View Post
                            Cheers hoolak!

Couldn't really justify it for PS3 use alone but the fact that it'll work on my pc has clinched the deal. I'm currently using a DC arcade stick for my emu's (which is ok) but wanted something a wee bit better.
                            Though it doesn't actually work on some PCs, it seems. A few people on SRK have a problem where it shows up as a game controller, but none of the inputs work. Does the same on my PC too, annoyingly. There's a thread about it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Btang84 View Post
                              I recently picked up the Hori Street Fighter IV Fighting Stick, based on the RAP3. It's my first stick purchase and I love the Sanwa lollipop, but does anybody think it's worth the effort with changing the buttons?
                              I think the buttons are actually a bit tricky to change in the Hori SFIV stick. Unlike the HRAP3, they're soldered directly onto the PCB, rather than being wired with quick disconnects.

I should have a HRAP3 tomorrow, with luck, so I'll be able to compare the Hori and TE stick Sanwa buttons first hand.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesS View Post
                                Though it doesn't actually work on some PCs, it seems. A few people on SRK have a problem where it shows up as a game controller, but none of the inputs work. Does the same on my PC too, annoyingly. There's a thread about it here.
                                Thanks for the heads up

I've got a TE on the way from GAME so will just have to wait & see I guess...worst comes to the worst I should be able to flog it easy enough.

Hoping it does work though as I'm already thinking of what colour of buttons & balltop I want to replace the stock ones with!!

Comment

Working...
                                X