No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi folks. I'd quite like to get a fighter to play offline local with my step daughter and my Mrs occasionally. I am leaning towards marvel vs capcom infinite but aren't sure. I've considered kof and sfv too. Don't want to be spending over £20. Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm not great at complex stuff. I can't play injustice to save my life.

Comment

[MENTION=10208]ozzzy189[/MENTION] Any modern fighter is going to cost you more than £20 in the long run due to all the dlc bull****... in fact, just the season pass is probably going to do you for about 20 quid. That being said, I suppose you’re not forced to get the dlc, and BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle and Dragon Ball Fighterz are very welcoming games. Are you or your Mrs/child into anime at all, and is it over 9000?

If you want a complete game or two then there’s always the Neo•Geo releases on PSN...Last Blade 2 and Garou: MotW

Comment

If you have a PS4, Ultra Street Fighter 4 is 13 quid on the PSN store right now.

Comment

Amy loves anime but in not that bothered. Dlc doesn't bother me too much and sfv and mvc are both under £20.
          I do like garou but on my TV it'll look a bit crap. Marvel vs capcom sounded reasonable, not too hard to play with OK graphics. I did think about the latest kof too but apart from odd games on mame in the past, I've never really been into them. Sf4, played it a fair bit on my xbox but thought It was a bit complex. Hmmmm. Thanks for the replies peeps.

Comment

Bought marvel vs capcom infinite deluxe edition for 17.59 but had to pay for ps plus for a month for the discount
            Last edited by ozzzy189; 14-07-2018, 15:55.

Comment

I have a Hori HRAP V4, can anyone tell me if I can straight swap a Sanwa stick in to it? I hate the stick that's in it now. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                I have a Hori HRAP V4, can anyone tell me if I can straight swap a Sanwa stick in to it? I hate the stick that's in it now. Cheers.
                The Hori parts are Sanwa imitations, 99% sure that'd be fine. And yes, a JLF really is the best.

Comment

Cheers Speedy, ordered!

Comment

Dropped the Sanwa stick right in to the HRAP V4 as it arrived from Arcade World today, 5 minute job. Absolute night and day in comparison to the stick that comes stock inside it, which feels like a stiff spongey mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                      You could mask off the surrounding areas and apply several coats of a clear lacquer spray- it'll make that little bit glossy but your signature will be preserved.
                      Ten years later:

Thanks! If I ever find this stick at my parents' place and it's still in decent nick I will do this. Maybe I'll do some hardcore masking right up the the writing so it's not just a glossy square!

Comment

Hi guys, I'm out of the loop when it comes to fight sticks in 2020. Anyone recommend any decent budget fighting sticks?

Comment

The Hori HRAP should be easily available at local stores and online. The sticks and buttons are somewhat loose compared to Sanwa/Seimitsu parts, but if you aren't used to those, they are pretty solid sticks. I think all work for one console and PC, which is a bonus. I'd advise against getting the Silent version, but this is a very personal preference: I can't really get used to a silent stick.

Comment

Thanks. I've been eyeing the Mayflash F300 Elite. Anyone tried this?

Comment

Recently bought a new stick (mainly for PC use). Very few options on the market right now, ended up with a Razer Panthera Evo as it was on sale plus a £10 off promo code which brought it down to £118.

The sloped design makes it comfortable on the wrists for long term usage which is always nice, and it's extremely easy to swap out the art if you're so inclined. May do that, although I'd prefer not to import from the US with Focus Attack. Funnily enough I don't have any fighters or arcade games on my PS4 so I probably didn't need to buy this factoring in that my Mad Catz FightStick Pro works just fine for PC... Anyway, the lever is the standard JLF and the buttons utilise Razer microswitches rather than being Sanwa. They basically feel the same to me though, perhaps require a little more pressure to actuate. Definitely don't need replacing. Think I'd recommend it for anyone after a stick for PS4 or PC, just make sure you grab the XInput driver for PC use.
                              Last edited by speedlolita; 07-02-2021, 12:57.

Comment

Nice, I didn't realise they did sales and had assumed the £160 RRP was pretty static. Good work!

My stick collection is very 360-heavy unfortunately, and while I've got a pair of VSHGs for the PS3, the best I've got for the PS4 is a RAP Kai, which honestly isn't my favourite thing (Hori parts + too light for me). I'm not sure what the situation is like for sticks on the PS5 yet, but something that covers both without need janky workarounds needed would be good. That 8bitdo stick for the Switch has been making eyes at me, too...

Comment

Working...
                                X