An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, i'm still not fantastic at the game though

Brook adapters are reportedly the best around.
    Last edited by chojin; 01-03-2016, 14:03.

Comment

Would a HRAP shell be of use to anyone? Basically just the casing, base and top plates, stock buttons and stick with no PCB. Had been using this as a project, but is now just lay in the cupboard unused. Could stick it in the sales thread if someone fancies building a stick?

Comment

After seeing Jamie’s lovely Super Neo 29 and feeling quite nostalgic, well, today I discover this...

I’ve got a brand new white HRAP4 sat here so I just need to get the artwork done. I was planning to just swap the buttons and balltop for nice blue ones, or a white/blue mix, but this is so much more awesome.

Comment

I'm glad this didn't get nixed in the database restore. I don't remember it but it me chuckle.

Originally posted by randombs View Post
          If I do that, it's inevitable that the connection will wane over time. Oh sure, there'll be the odd spark of electricity every once in a while but it may never be the same again:

We settle into our routine and the daily grind takes its toll. She complains that I no longer take care of myself and would it hurt to wear make up once in a while? She uses the L1/L2 shortcuts which sickens me. My stick sits unused except for the occasional single player session which ends in guilt. I spend more and more time in the office such that we drift apart. Unable(or simply unwilling) to FADC->Ultra like I was once able to, I give in to the dash-dash advances of Debbie from Accounting and start an affair. Debbie likes me without makeup. She fixes my USB and re-enables my turbo mode. Debs frowns on L1/L2 because, like me, she learned SF in the arcades.

She mains Elena and watching her play is as mesmerising as watching a ballet.

Every weeknight we squeeze each other goodbye and I walk home alone in the rain to my crying wife and three crying children, all the while wondering what life would be like if I had just learned how to put the cable back in properly.

One night I dream I'm bound in white, red, green and black wires. So thin that every movement cuts deep into my skin. 5 volts course through me. Not enough to shock but just enough to keep me in a perpetual state of unease, unshielded from interference.

All around me are L1 buttons. They punch me in threes, each with increasing severity. They queue patiently for their turn to unleash wanton violence on my person. The three-button-wide queue extends into the horizon. Farther back are the L2 buttons. I suppose they will kick me in threes.

I wake up in a cold sweat. My wife stirs but says nothing.

She doesn't care.

Comment

Just throwing this out there since I thought about picking up a new stick recently - where's the best place to actually buy them these days? I know the usual big retailers like Amazon and the like get a small amount of stock for whatever's the new hotness, but I feel like somewhere should have some kind of inventory of these things, and ideally offer the lazy man (i.e. me) the option to pay a little more to have it customised?

The closest I can see to this is naturally, an American site - www.arcadeshock.com - but even that seems a little thin on the ground. Anyone know of other places I should be looking?

Comment

Arcade World UK sells the QanBa sticks... https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/categories/QanBa/

Otherwise it’s off to Amazon for your Hori RAPs, which are quite reasonably priced at 89 quid for a black one currently, and then back to AWUK for your replacement Sanka/Seimitsu parts.

Comment

I have a Q4RAF - you're out of luck with those for PS4/XB1 though.

Comment

Just after I post that, Arcade Shock go and post what is essentially exactly what I was looking for - https://arcadeshock.com/products/colors-customizer - where you can upload custom art, swap out the lever, as well as each individual button.

Only things I'd really like on top is the ability to have them blank out a couple of buttons, more sticks to have the option for an option to mod for XB1, and also for there to be more artwork available for the RAP N and VLX sticks (the bulk seem to be for the Kai right now). Still, this is a very nice little tool, and you can have a lot of fun just playing with it.

Comment

I just bought a madcatz alpha fight stick for £28 which I thought was very reasonable. Its decent enough and compact to use and store. In fact I was so chuffed with it, I bought another one!

Comment

Originally posted by ozzzy189 View Post
                      I just bought a madcatz alpha fight stick for £28 which I thought was very reasonable. Its decent enough and compact to use and store. In fact I was so chuffed with it, I bought another one!
                      How do you find using them? I thought the small size was an advantage, I much prefer using a TE2, I like to have the stick on a stool in front of me as opposed to on my lap.

Comment

I bought them for shooters mainly and have only got injustice 2 which I don't like that much so I haven't tried it! I might have to pick up a street fighter game, or maybe even get the collection. I managed to get through the croatoa level on jamestown+ once I started using the stick and at least I have enough controllers to play 4 players now. I have a foot pouffe (?) thingy in front of the sofa and usually put the stick on that. I had a madcatz te for my xbox 360 years back and the doa hori one and this is between the two in quality. The funny thing is when I went to order the second one there was an option for buying the madcatz te for similar money from an external amazon seller. However I didn't want it because of the size of it and I thought it was too good to be true. The option appeared in the drop down box. It was a mainly white stick with ryu artwork I think.

Comment

There's currently one alpha stick left on amazon, via prime for the princely sum of £23.29
                          I really don't need three. Mine were bought through go2games (I think), off amazon

Comment

Cheers for the shout on these, picked one up for a project.

Comment

Oh wow, that's super small and you can swap out the parts too.

May get one myself, this Qanba of mine is heavy and ridiculous lol

Comment

Working...
                              X