No announcement yet.

God Squad Hits Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religion causes more trouble and strife in the world that it ends up pointless arguing who is right and wrong in their beliefs.

I would just love to see the day a UFO landed on earth and a pair of big f*ckoff octopus alien brothers like in the Simpsons stepped off it for a pitstop.

All religion would be wiped out instantly
    Last edited by NemesiS; 05-02-2009, 15:29.

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
      Why do they need to advertise religion? What the hell are all the churches, minsters and catherels for?
      I live in Beverley and walk past a huge Minster everyday. If a building like that doesn't get me intrested in religion a crap Ad Campain on a bus certainly isn't. Same goes for the God Botherers shouting on street corners, i don't go round shouting and telling people not to beleive in god!
      Can't we just all get along??
      Well this is just to counter the Atheist Bus campaign, rather than to get people interested in religion. It'd be interesting to see if the ASA actually challenge them on the 'truthfulness' side of things. The Atheist campaign only said that there is 'probably' no god, whereas this new campaign is pretty adament that there is.

Somone jokingly asked if Atheist bus drivers would be allowed to refuse to drive the buses, but I think this would be fair, since this entire counter-campaign is basically attempting to achieve similar results.

Comment

Hmm.. an advertising campain for god. Sounds like a good idea for a film. Maybe we could even have it as a sequel to another film where someone is set a task personally by god!

Oh wait they did a sequel to bruce almighty! ^_-

Comment

I think the only solution to all this is to ban advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
            I live in Beverley and walk past a huge Minister everyday.
            Is how I read that sentence

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
            I would just love to see the day a UFO landed on earth and a pair of big f*ckoff octopus alien brothers like in the Simpsons stepped off it for a pitstop.

All religion would be wiped out instantly
            No it wouldn't, it'd just be incorporated into religion like every other anomaly. "It's a test!"

Comment

Shouldnt they just be 'turning the other cheek' LOL

I got nothing against those who are religious as long as they dont try & force it upon others or start get to nasty & agressive about it all. I thought they were supposed to love thy neighbour, & they all worship the same God at the end of the day so just learn to get along ffs!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                No it wouldn't, it'd just be incorporated into religion like every other anomaly. "It's a test!"
                Most religions on earth all generally assume that we are in gods image, so it would be interesting to see how they would explain an intelligent talking octopus that was capable of interstellar travel in their beliefs.

Like you say though, they would find a way to bullshi, sorry, explain it

Comment

Oh dear.

Thing is, isn't the message literally preaching to the converted? Is anyone going to change their belief system on the basis of something they read on the side of a bus?

As Dirty Sanchez pointed out, the money would be better spent on something constructive, like helping people.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                    As Dirty Sanchez pointed out, the money would be better spent on something constructive, like helping people.
                    Indeed we could educate them on evolutionary theory.

taking my tongue out of my cheek, both the aethism and the religous campaign seem like a waste of money; although I admit to enjoying the athesim stunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                      To settle this, they should have two buses, one full of atheists with the atheist advert and another full of Christians with a Christian advert. Then drive them both off a cliff.

If a big hand comes down from the sky and saves the Christian bus, I will bow to their greater knowledge. But if both buses crash to the bottom in mahoosive fireball, then the Christians must accept they have been wrong for all this time.
                      The real question is, what would happen if a big hand came down from the sky and saved the atheist bus?

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
                        The real question is, what would happen if a big hand came down from the sky and saved the atheist bus?
                        We would probably find it attached to a spectral Kenny everett

Comment

Working...
                        X