Domestic Violence *Controvertial*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
    Not all abuse is physical either. Tongues can hurt as much as fists.
    I've never heard of anyone being licked to death.

Comment

I absolutely agree with peeps here that you should not hit a woman, and that it goes both ways..........

like Asholay's explanation about 3 woman beating up a guy, you would defend yourself, wouldn;t you? Well Would you really? Think about it, if 3 young girls started beating on you, you'd probably try to push them away, rather than smack them in there caked up faces.

I have heard of girlfriends beating up there boyfriends, and THAT is wrong......... its jus this stupid term in society that almost raise woman up to lofty heights. When they well and truly do not deserve to be put on such a high pedestal.

Jus because a guy may have the ability to knock the crap out of a person, doesnt mean they actually would. But a woman has the same ability to do the same......... Its a sexist stereotype, which needs to be abolished...........

I think what im trying to say here is that, ok we all know its wrong to hit woman, but half of that is down to the fact that it has been drummed into us at an early age that woman and violence is wrong (which it is, i must stress) and as a result it has given woman that power to control certain aspects in life to their advantage.........

The fact that men are physically stronger, has also allowed woman to use the term 'oh its too heavy you carry it.........' PISH! laziness is no excuse! The term has now been morphed into something like 'oh but im a woman......'

So bloody what!?!?! you have arms and legs..........not strong enough? go pump some iron, instead of starving yourself to look like whats its face on the tv, magazine and poster!

Woman may be physicaly weaker, but in a lot of relationship they are emotionally stronger and as a result dictate how their other half should behave........ now different guys may act differently to the same situation, and if the guy is emotionally vulnerable, he will act irrationally (no excuse, i know) but this sudden behaviour in my mind is directly related to how society has dictated how a 'gentleman' should treat a 'lady.' Now ive never met a 'lady' younger than my Grandmother Agatha/Ethal/Delorace........... etc. So if the way girls behave/dress/act/ and generally carry themselves these days is classed as a lady - then lord help us all!

Grrr..............

Last edited by 112; 10-02-2009, 13:33.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
        like Asholay's explanation about 3 woman beating up a guy, you would defend yourself, wouldn;t you? Well Would you really? Think about it, if 3 young girls started beating on you, you'd probably try to push them away, rather than smack them in there caked up faces.
        I agreed with all of your post except this paragraph, which seems to contrast with the rest of it.

If three women are beating up a guy, I would say they have rather moved on from starting beating on him. Defending yourself means, for me anyway, doing whatever the hell it takes to stop yourself from being harmed. Best to be safe, rather than seeing if pushing the assailant away and seeing if that works, just because the attacker is a woman.

Comment

The thing that really winds me up is the women that go out of their way to provoke and hurt people, and then expect to be immune from any of the consequences. I have seen it in the clubs where a woman has done something, is going around being rude and disrespectful, and is genuinely surprised when the guy who's face she has just shoved her fingers in, hit and cursed out clocks her one. I am personally content to tell a rude woman where to go and walk away, but I will have no pity for some of he women I have encountered, when someone loses their temper.

I have had relatively little trouble when out from other guys, but some women are just as disrespectful as can be, presumably because society says you cannot touch them whatever they do.

On the other hand, those men that beat up on women are animals that need to be put down.

Comment

Originally posted by Resonance View Post
            On the other hand, those men that beat up on women are animals that need to be put down.
            Absolutely. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that anyone with violent tendencies should be strung up, have their skin torn off and then just torch the bastards.

Comment

People shouldn't hit people.

Comment

The thing that really winds me up is the women that go out of their way to provoke and hurt people, and then expect to be immune from any of the consequences. I have seen it in the clubs where a woman has done something, is going around being rude and disrespectful, and is genuinely surprised when the guy who's face she has just shoved her fingers in, hit and cursed out clocks her one. I am personally content to tell a rude woman where to go and walk away, but I will have no pity for some of he women I have encountered, when someone loses their temper.

I have had relatively little trouble when out from other guys, but some women are just as disrespectful as can be, presumably because society says you cannot touch them whatever they do.

Is this irony that's going over my head?

You spend two paragraphs bemoaning the fact that women can get away with stuff because they are women, and then sign off that men who beat up on women are animals that need to be put down (presumably because their victims are women).

Instead of affording any special treatment to women, why can't we have harsh punishments for ANY violence, no matter at whom it is directed?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  People shouldn't hit people.
                  I'm joining Charles' club. For me, it's as simple as this.

Comment

I found this while catching up on the news at the Beeb:

Comment

I agree with Charles.

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
                      Is this irony that's going over my head?

You spend two paragraphs bemoaning the fact that women can get away with stuff because they are women, and then sign off that men who beat up on women are animals that need to be put down (presumably because their victims are women).

Instead of affording any special treatment to women, why can't we have harsh punishments for ANY violence, no matter at whom it is directed?
                      I quite agree with you. I just made the last statement to make the point that I do not endorse violence against women (although some may have got that idea from the first to paragraphs).

I feel the exact same way about anyone that uses their strengths to victimise another person, whether it be a man using his fists, a woman using her elevated social standing in some circumstances to make false rape charges, or a parent abusing a child. All of those situations elicit the same disgust in me. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

You have to question the sanity of those that put up with it too, either M or F.

Yes some will say 'for the sake of the kids', but watching parent beat the crap out of each other is pretty damaging I'd say. I can't imagine there would be too many instances of zero violence BEFORE the kids came along.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
                          I found this while catching up on the news at the Beeb:
                          http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/he...00/7878801.stm
                          Fantastic. So a few weeks in she's displaying signs of being a total headcase. So he stays with her, after knowing her for a few weeks, then has MORE kids with her. I'll not say he deserved all he got but........

Comment

Low self-esteem can really distort a person's outlook. From what I have seen, the partners are in some degree dependent on the abuser. The "its just for the kids" excuse it a bit of a shield to protect against confronting their real feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
                              I agreed with all of your post except this paragraph, which seems to contrast with the rest of it.

If three women are beating up a guy, I would say they have rather moved on from starting beating on him. Defending yourself means, for me anyway, doing whatever the hell it takes to stop yourself from being harmed. Best to be safe, rather than seeing if pushing the assailant away and seeing if that works, just because the attacker is a woman.
                              I think what i meant by that is that some of us have it drummed into our heads that laying a hand on a girl is wrong, so when it comes to the crunch, they might not have it in them to 'fight' their way out of that situation. I do agree Stroppy that pysically fighting your way out of that situation would be the done thing.

I have unfortunatly been the victim in such a situation where a girl - pissed out her skull went round the club treating the other patrons like they were beneath her. her friend barged right past me and i refused to let her barge past me, and stoood my ground, even though, all she had to do was walk round a bar stool........ (?_?) Anyways......... she went and got 3 big ass bouncers, who carried me out the club - one grippin my left arm, one gripping my right arm and the other around my neck. As soon a i got outside, the bouncer explained to me that she said i hit her as she had tears streaking down her face! WTF was my only expression............ never hit no girl in my life........... to be accussed of it was jus damn wrong!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X