No announcement yet.

Domestic Violence *Controvertial*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a lighter note, surely hitting your sister should be allowed............. i mean they serve no purpose than the bug the hell out of you for no reason what so ever!

having a sister is basically like having a wife when the flame has gone out the relationship. Now you can divorce a wife, you can't divorce a sister.......... So yeah, whats the point of em?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
      On a lighter note, surely hitting your sister should be allowed............. i mean they serve no purpose than the bug the hell out of you for no reason what so ever!

having a sister is basically like having a wife when the flame has gone out the relationship. Now you can divorce a wife, you can't divorce a sister.......... So yeah, whats the point of em?!?!?!

Your wife may have some hot friends that you'd love to nail, but can't. Your sister however............

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post

My older sister always used do her very best to annoy me and take cheap shots at me, but I just used to ignore her untill one day she really hurt me (she pinched my face, or something equally ridiculous) so I hit her on the head with the Sky remote.

It's the only time I ever hit her, and she cried. I still feel a bit guilty now, although I did have a little chuckle as I typed this.

Comment

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
          Right, I see now. In a way I suppose you have proved your own point by feeling that you have to add that last point, so nobody thinks you are endorsing violence against women. If you happen to express any doubt that women and delicate little flowers, who must never ever be hit no matter how disgraceful, threatening and dangerous their behavious, you're obviously an outrageous wifebeater.
          Yeah. I had quite some trepidation about even posting this thread because I half expected to be branded disgusting for even questioning this taboo. The hysteria on the internet over this incident is quite something. Even a reasoned argument that a woman must take some responsibility in these domestic situations (whether it be choosing a partner, not goading someone endlessly when they are clearly furious, not hitting someone and then expecting nothing in return etc), would be met with a "You must never...".

I remember walking up to a couple in an argument, where the man had a hold of the woman's arm and she was crying in distress trying to walk away. I walk up asking if everything is okay and she says "Yeah we are okay, leave us alone". If he later beats her, its she has to take some responsibility. I have seen other incidents like this where the crying woman started abusing the guy who was trying to help her out.

I don't agree with Sean Connery. I do not think that prescribing hitting another person as a solution is right or feasible. Once you say hitting is okay, you open the flood gates to beatings and violence as what is tolerable is up to the aggressors discretion.

Comment

Domestic violence can be hilarious. Haven't you seen Bottom?

Comment

Well this is the official photo leaked from the police department. Looks like the guy went to town on her. Way beyond just defending himself, I can't think of a situation where that level of retaliation would be remotely justifiable. Just gonna have to wait till the facts come out, but from the looks of it, the guys career is over. Cant croon about love when you left your ex looking like that!

Comment

Looks like she's been hit by her Fella......ella......ella......ella

Comment

In the immortal words of Noel Coward, "Women should be struck regularly, like gongs!"
                  Although I think that was because he preferred boys...

Comment

Originally posted by Resonance View Post
                    Well this is the official photo leaked from the police department. Looks like the guy went to town on her. Way beyond just defending himself, I can't think of a situation where that level of retaliation would be remotely justifiable. Just gonna have to wait till the facts come out, but from the looks of it, the guys career is over. Cant croon about love when you left your ex looking like that!
                    I can only identify 3 injuries there, the weird thing on her head (head hit the car frame?), her mouth and her cheek. It's not exactly a beating and could easily be done in a short struggle. The questionable eyewitness reports seem to indicate that she wasn't exactly and angel. Was a heated argument on both sides and she (apparently) ripped out his car keys and threw them out the window. The more heated arguments get, the more they're likely to escalate into something like this.

R Kelly and Roman Polanski did far worse and it didn't really halt their careers.

Comment

Working...
                    X