50 Cent: Blood On The Sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 Cent: Blood On The Sand

I'm probabaly the only person on here daft enough to buy this, nevermind actualy pop it in my machine in between bouts of Street Fighter 4, Killzone 2 and Resi 5 but I started it earlier anyway.

If youve played The Club this kinda plays like that but with the now obligatory cover mechanic added for good messure and some half arsed story about 50 Cent getting angry becuase someone stole his crystal skull and shooting lots of middle eastern gangsters (well I think thats what they are, I'm not sure if it even actualy said)

Its basicaly a really fast paced third person shooter but the focus is very much on score attack style gameplay, the quicker you kill people, the higher your multipler goes. Also despite the fact that you can use pretty much any surface for cover I have yet to get to a part where you really need to use it (at least on the normal difficulty). Your score is tallied up at the end of the level and you get either bronze, silver or gold and it then tells you that youve unlocked some stuff.

I'm not the biggest 50 Cent fan but people who are will probabaly enjoy the game more than me, his music is constantly playing in the background and theres even a music player that you can use to listen to all the 50 odd tracks in the game.

Overall Ive enjoyed what i have played so far, it plays pretty well and its arcardey fun, but not much more really.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 19-03-2009, 00:24.

i actually wouldn't mind playing this, quite enjoyed the club as it was mindless fun for a few days lol.

just waiting to hopefully pick this up a little cheaper than it is now

Comment

I bought it as well!

I thoroughly enjoyed it as a piece of mindless fun. It's just like watching a dumb action movie, switch your mind off and enjoy.

Comment

Same here , local indie had this for 24.99, and I loved it despite hating fiddy.
        The swear button is childish genius, and the game plays really well.

Comment

if any of you guys are looking to sell it on cheap please let me know or an exchange maybe. cheers

Comment

There's a swear button? Awesome!

As soon as this hits the sub £20 mark then I'm all over it like a fat kid on cake.

Comment

Or like Prinny on a cheap whore.

Comment

Er, sorry. Meant like Prinny on a cheap gamer points whore game.

Comment

Sorry to sound so puritanical, but I still think the name of this game beggars belief. When is 50 Cent: Rapist in the Maternity Ward coming out?

I'm curious to see it if it's worth a few laughs though...

Comment

I had this on pre-order and have just recently finished it on the normal difficulty setting. It's good fun, no doubt.

Don't buy into any apologetic nonsense you might have heard about this being "a guilty pleasure" or other similar bull****, like you're not supposed to like it because it's got 50 Cent in it . The difference between this and the likes of macho nonsense simulator Gears of War is completely minimal, except perhaps Blood in the Sand is actually fun to play.

Given the scenario, the locations are fairly same-y and sometimes difficult to decipher, but they definitely look nice, very detailed. The plot is indefensibly pointless, and probably just serves as an excuse to play 50's soundtrack in the background, which works really well (if you're into that sort of music), and there's loads of tracks on the playlist.

As you play through the game, you collect money which can be used to purchase guns, counterkills and taunts. Each time you kill someone, you can activate a taunt by pressing in the stick, which'll get you bonus points , but there's nothing to stop you swearing off when sneaking around corridors, either.

Although the profanity is fairly off the scale, the violence certainly isn't. Enemies are treated like ragdolls that can be flung around with explosives, and punched in the face a few times, but not much else. The utlra-violent counterkills seen in the PS2 Bulletproof game were much more shocking/unnecessary.

But Blood in the Sand is a far more accomplished (not to mention hilarious) game. There's potential for bonus points with consecutive kills, and there's also a compulsive collect-em-up element with shooting targets and posters to be found on each stage that prove tricky but pleasing to hunt down.

As with many modern games these days, lazy QTE's litter every stage, and it's not the most difficult or lengthy game you're going to play this year by any stretch of the imagination. I've not played this in Co-op, but I suspect that would be even better/enjoyable than the single-player mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                      Or like Prinny on a cheap whore.
                      Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                      Er, sorry. Meant like Prinny on a cheap gamer points whore game.
                      Either suits me!

Comment

Flogged my copy in the sales section t'other day. I had an absolute blast with it. Loved it from start to finish (well, almost finish,

last section was a bit too Halo 3 for my liking

). Played it through on Hard, and although a few sections frustrated me at times, I was never really stuck on a section for that long due to the check points being well placed.

People who overlook it because of the 50 Cent connection are foolish in the extreme. If you enjoyed GoW, The Club (there's a heavy emphasis on scores, and they can be boosted by finding hidden targets and posters, plus keeping your kill combo up) or even Army of Two, then you'd do well to investigate this game.

Comment

Gonna grab this tomorrow, I hear nothing but good things about it.

Comment

Having played this some more I'm still finding it fun, though at the same time its a bit rubbish, so id have to disagree with Tetsuo about it not being a guilty pleasure in some reaspects.

The story and dialogue is awful, 50 cents voice is hialirious becuase he dosent sound hard at all. All the co-op actions are implemented poorly to the point where i seem to find myself pressing the action button about 50 times before my mate gives me a leg up the wall. Also the graphical pop in makes the likes of Gears 2 and Mass effect's graphics look quick to load up and in some levels they never show up at all and you get rainbow couloured blobs on walls instead of the proper textures.

Having said all that its still fun just becuase its so fast paced and crazy and actualy plays pretty damn well.... Though am I the only one that thinks its odd that you need to pay more cash in the game to unlock new swear words than you do to buy weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                              Having said all that its still fun just becuase its so fast paced and crazy and actualy plays pretty damn well....
                              The only reason why I wanna get it is that I Keep hearing it plays well, fiddy and his skull obsessed story interests me purely on a comical level. Looking forward to it

Comment

Working...
                              X