No announcement yet.

Complete PAL SNES Collection !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've still got all the Snes games I bought back in the day. I always removed the cart from the box as soon as I got home with a new purchase. So they are all minty fresh.

I have all the Snes MegaMan games apart from MegaMan Soccer. Did MM Soccer get a Pal release?
    Didn't realize that MegaManX3 was so sought after. Mind you even when it was new it wasn't easy to come by. I bought mine from EB when they still had UK stores.
    X2 and X3 came out quite close together (pal wise) from what I remember.

Comment

Nah Mega Man Soccer was NTSC only.

It was pretty terrible so no love was lost when it never arrived here

Comment

All this talk about some games only getting released in europe and not the UK got me thinking. So i had a look at my Saturday Night Slammasters.

It's a Spanish Pal release (SNSP-ZW-ESP), but with a large black sticker with white lettering (details about the game) on the back of the box which is in English. Also has a blank black sticker about the size of the bar code to the the left of the barcode. No idea whats under it as i'm just going to leave it as it is.
        Everything on the box except the black sticker is in spanish.
        I got it with a Usa manual (SNS-ZW-USA), but don't know if it came like this or if a previous owner stuck it in the box.

There is a shop sticker on the inside insert. Mega Addicts UK if anyones ever heard of them?

I've had this for 4+ years now, got it off a seller on ebay. It came in one of those box protectors that have been mentioned in the thread.

Comment

It sounds like some sort of import, which is strange because it got a standard EUR release, so I didn't think there was any need to import it from another country.

I mean geez, even we got that game down in Australia :P

Comment

When it comes to Pal releases the Uk always got the smelly end of the stick so it seems. All the other rare Eu, Oz releases back that up lol.

Comment

Originally posted by spinpug666 View Post
              I bought mine from EB when they still had UK stores.
              Off topic: but EB (US) never had UK stores. It was franchised out to the company now known just as GAME.

I never remember which way around the merger was, but I understand they went with GAME afterwards as the sole trademark so that the franchise royalties did not need paying to the US EB... who incidentally, are now free to set up shop in he UK, part of the deal with the UK EB franchise meant they weren't allowed to compete in the UK marketplace, I think thats why ebgames.com never used to ship to the UK when they did everywhere else in Europe just about.

I really need to keep out of these threads, they get me all nostalgic then I go on random retro buying binges, play the games for a fortnight then end up getting rid again for a few months/years

Comment

how many to go now.....

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
                  EB (US) never had UK stores.
                  There was definitely an EB in Oxford Street where GAME is now. They even stocked Neo-Geo.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

how many to go now.....
                    Loads ! And we now why ! (there on eBay) and not on here !

Comment

Indeed they are, bought Side Pocket from him last week Thanks mate!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
                        I never remember which way around the merger was
                        EB (UK) bought GAME, then rebranded all the stores as GAME to save them the money of licensing the rights to the name EB from EB (US).

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                          And some of em are in my cupboard -

all nice, pretty, Pal complete and not seeing much daylight currently.

Daze b4 xmas
                          king of dragons
                          cpt commando
                          ffight 3
                          spiderman
                          spiderman seperation anx
                          fatal fury
                          metal combat frevenge
                          tintin
                          lost vikings2

.....and some others i cant remember but those were the biggies.

That was a lovely haul.

Comment

But not my kind of 'mint' if you know what I mean anyway moving on .........
                            Last edited by nintastic; 08-03-2010, 18:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                              My fave pool game, don't know why just loved it when I had it on the megadrive

Comment

Working...
                              X