Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clinical testing....anyone ever done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****s sake what do we have prisoners for ? Why do they need to use us civilised individuals and pay out money ? They've got a captured audience of thousands right there !

Do I win ?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post
      Do I win ?

You fail it

Comment

well, went and had my blood taken today, to make sure im eligable (sp) for the trial and found out the following.

going to be infected with RSV, its like the common cold, but as of yet no known vaccine (sounds interesting), and its not fatal or dangerous to my age or health group.

the group of us will be split into groups, half will be given the vaccine, half a placebo (im still unsure what this is, but i think its just a sugar pill) neither of us will know if were getting the vaccine or placebo and there just gonna test the results etc...

the outcome will hopefully be that the vaccine will work and a new cure will be found for RSV, this is the final stage trials all previous trials have gone ok.

in return for being infected with RSV they give me 15 days room and board in a hotel (i dont get room service though as im under strict quarentine), ge 3 sqaure meals a day, as well as snacks etc... they have set up a general room for all of us which includes consoles, pc's, tv, dvd etc. im allowed to take my ps3 and 360 if i wish! there is a wireless network being set up for us aswell. and then at the end i get 2.5k! and am invited every 3 months to partake in similar trials for similar fees!

sounds all good, hopefully my blood is ok, next stage is a full physical where they test for every major desease possible (finally a chance to find out if i have cancer / hiv / some random std! lol, then i go under quarentine! woo.

oh if any of you have info on RSV, let me know as ive never heard of it!

Aaron

Comment

It causes cockrot.

You sure about this ?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
            We still class them as humans ?

I'm sure if they asked them they'd do it for a lot less than 2.5k - Plus you wouldn't need to "quarantine" them in an expensive hotel - just stick 'em all in solitary !

Somebody hasn't thought this through - maybe I should setup an agency for these companies with a list of trouts willing to have any old **** injected into them

Comment

Originally posted by AaronBekir View Post

Aaron
              Ive gotta be honest here mate, I found your lack of knowledge on this whole scenario hugely worrying! You might want to do some research into what theyre gonna pump you full of before planning your hotel ps3 sessions.

Comment

My wife works in Clinical Testing, do it, it keeps her in a job and me in the life of luxury.

However, when you next go for any sort of life insurance you will have to declare this, expect to be turned down flat, huge premium or have an general exclusion that basically invalidates any claim you can think of putting in.

A real desperate case would go for this, but someone with a bit of nouce? Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                  I hope you being current Breakout champion isn't a sign of things to come...

It took me ages to get that joke

Comment

I get the impressions this thread is more about Aaron convincing himself (by trying to convince us) that he should do it - I get the impression the lure of a hotel, endless 360 & PS3 sessions and 2.5k have him by the proverbials !

Comment

if anything, the idea of having nothing to do but play a fecking ps3 surely swings it in favour of NOT going.

"Dont go, Aaron!"

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post
                        It causes cockrot.

You sure about this ?

Comment

If you wanna go, then go.....but if you see the anything that resembles the logo below.........RUUUUUUUUN!

Comment

well, went and had my blood taken today, to make sure im eligable (sp) for the trial and found out the following.

going to be infected with RSV, its like the common cold, but as of yet no known vaccine (sounds interesting), and its not fatal or dangerous to my age or health group.

the group of us will be split into groups, half will be given the vaccine, half a placebo (im still unsure what this is, but i think its just a sugar pill) neither of us will know if were getting the vaccine or placebo and there just gonna test the results etc...

the outcome will hopefully be that the vaccine will work and a new cure will be found for RSV, this is the final stage trials all previous trials have gone ok.

in return for being infected with RSV they give me 15 days room and board in a hotel (i dont get room service though as im under strict quarentine), ge 3 sqaure meals a day, as well as snacks etc... they have set up a general room for all of us which includes consoles, pc's, tv, dvd etc. im allowed to take my ps3 and 360 if i wish! there is a wireless network being set up for us aswell. and then at the end i get 2.5k! and am invited every 3 months to partake in similar trials for similar fees!

sounds all good, hopefully my blood is ok, next stage is a full physical where they test for every major desease possible (finally a chance to find out if i have cancer / hiv / some random std! lol, then i go under quarentine! woo.

Aaron
                            Hmm (RSV) Respiratory syncytial virus eh.

I work in microbiology/virology & im sorry i wouldnt want that even for what there offering, you have no gurantee of anything when they use you as a ginuea pig.

Ever wonder why they get volanteers instead of doing the tests on themselves?
                            Last edited by importaku; 18-04-2007, 17:56. Reason: Helped if i spelt it right LOL

Comment

although on the plus side you may develop psychic powers or other abilities.

Like the ability to cough up flu virus on people.

Comment

There's loads of info available. Google

Here's a start though:

Regarding the trial you should be looking for/asking things like:
                                • What kind of phase of testing they're in? If its later stage its less risk. Phase I is most risk while Phase IV is the least risk.
                                • What they're testing for? i.e. are they testing for general effectiveness of the drug? Are they testing dosages? etc.
                                • What previous tests have been done? i.e. simulations? animal testing? previous human trials?
                                • Who's manufacturing the drug?
                                  1. which pharmaceutical company? (look into them when you know)
                                  2. what kind of past do they have?
                                  3. what existing drugs do they have on the market?
                                  4. any (legal) issues with adverse reactions to their existing drugs?
                                • Most trials are conducted by a CRO (Contract Research Organisation) so this is not the manufacturer or the persons ultimately responsible. Ask for evidence of clinical trials insurance. Look for something with an indemnity limit of around GBP5m (certainly nothing below 2m).
                                • Get a copy of the protocol and ask them to explain the indication (what the objective is) if you don't understand the language in the protocol.
                                • Read the patient consent form carefully and ask before you sign anything for things you don't understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X