Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clinical testing....anyone ever done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a calculated risk really doesn't it? I'm sure the odds of something really bad happening are very slim, compared to the 100% chance of you getting the cash. And I guess it's even less if you get 50/50 of getting a placebo anyway. Though as everyone says, if you get really ****ed up there's not a lot you can do after signing the waver. On the plus side you seem to get a pretty thorough medical check, I could do with one of those!

Comment

Was thinking of applying for clinical trials over the summer (if I can find any) and was just wondering if anyone here had any experiences taking part in one, whats the money like ? how did you apply etc ?
      Last edited by ezee ryder; 19-05-2009, 22:05.

Comment

My friend did it and his willy went green. Then fell off.

Comment

www.areyoutheanswer.com are one of the main organisers, they're always after people - going by their adverts in the press and on the radio.

Comment

Seriously, I know people that have done it. The skin cream and stuff was low paying and fine (though no guarantees obviously). I had a friend in uni who I didn't see for 2 weeks. He came back to uni and he explained that he had been up Merthyr medical testing! He went in and did this heart monitoring test and had to stay there, playing on a PS2, a pool table, all meals included etc. Got 3 grand for 2 weeks, with no living expense but they injected him with adrenaline for 2 weeks. He said it was very scary having your heart beating out of your chest when you are playing games!

His advice was pretty sage: "Don't do it unless you are really desperate for cash."

Comment

It's a shame it's illegal for sperm banks in the UK to pay you more than expenses for donating. They'll pad out the expenses as much as possible but the most you're looking at is £50 (it's about 10x that in the US).

And of course thanks to an incredibly smart move by our lovely government, you have no right to anonymity when donating. Enjoy having a 18 year old turn up on your doorstep when you're married with kids of your own with this kid wanting to 'get to know his real father'. For some odd reason, donation levels have plummeted.

There are very few ways of effectively 'selling your body' (*cough*) in the UK.

Comment

I put up with the flu each year for free, actually it costs me as if i cant work im not earning, and of course costs money for comfort stuff, nasal sprays, 2 ton of tissue etc. If someone's guna pay me 2.5k and keep my board for 2-3 weeks then sign me up!

Comment

Id do out my bodys done in anyway but ID get turned down for all the drugs and my body being done in. Vicious circle Id rather they test on us humans than animals anyway as its ust that benfit from it as a populous. And if peeps are worried about side effects they all cause em just look at your drugs labels no drug is 100% hence me being in a coma from a well known pain killer!

Comment

So did you do it in the end Aaron?

Comment

Working...
                    X