Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clinical testing....anyone ever done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clinical testing....anyone ever done it?

I registered ages ago with a clinical testing group (quick easy money me thinks), and ive just had a call from them, ive got the opportunity now to go and partake a new test, i basically have to spend 2 weeks in quarentine in a hotel, fully paid. and at the end they give me 2.5k! ive got the time off work anyway, so what do you peeps reckon? worth it?

oh, the test involved is they infect me with flu, then test a new flu drug on me! im not fussed about getting the flu!

Aaron

Flu aye?

Don't believe them, it's a trap!

Comment

after what happened to those people with the swelling drugs id steer well clear!

Comment

I couldn't do anything like this. Bad enough they want to make you unwell, but then try an untested drug on you? I'd say avoid it unless you REALLY need that money. Your health is more important.

Comment

Yeh agree, or they may be trying to release a rage virus!.

Comment

yeah, if it was some weird drug id agree, but they seem pretty sound, im going to take a look tomoro, got to have some blood taken, have a physical and then i can choose. could do with the cash tbh! will decide 2moro anyhow! if theres a clause that they wont take responsibility if anything goes wrong, i wont do it!

aaron

Comment

One of my Japanese friends does it all the time and takes trips to London he seems to be o.k. For the money ye def worth it.

Comment

I did it twice while at university. The first time was for about two weeks, they were testing some Parkinsons drug. It was a double blind test so sometimes I had a placebo. I didn't have to do much else, just give blood and do some reflex tests every other day. I was lucky in that I went in with a mate but still the boredom was nearly a real killer. I felt no ill effects at all but my mate was a bit hyper. The next time was just a four dayer, I felt a bit of a scrubber doing it. You had to piss in a big plastic bottle which was kept in a fridge next to the nurses station, you felt a right scrubber as you strolled up to the nurses holding a massive jug of piss which you had to show them was your piss and not some other patient.

Comment

LOL. Yeah that sounds dodgy. Flu pills, I would say no. Do some smaller ones that pay £100 or something. The fact is teh more they give the more the risk. So £2,500 = T-VIRUS

Comment

I would under no circustances test a flu vaccine.

Influenza is not a virus I would mess with.

Not a chance in hell.

Comment

if they said something about a super soldier serum then take it

Comment

2.5K to sit on my ass and catch up on all my unfinished games? **** yeah, I'd do it!

If flu was really that bad you could catch it and die at any minute anyway, so why not take the risk? Unless it's Avian Flu, in which case... uh... on second thoughts...

Comment

I once worked for a pharmaceutical company that tested new drugs. I used to love reading the testers' reports. You'd get wonderful comments like "I had the feeling that I was standing on my own head".

I was told the story of an anti-smoking drug that was tested. Users were given free cigarettes during the trial. Apparently everyone ended up smoking even more but losing loads of weight. The anti-smoking drug is now a weight-loss drug!

Comment

Is this company called Umbrella by any chance?!

Comment

I hope you being current Breakout champion isn't a sign of things to come...

Comment

Working...
                              X