No announcement yet.

Brink - Bethesda's new game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splash Damage say these shots were taken from the PC version at highest res and not touched up. If that is indeed the case, then it looks fantastic.

Using ID Tech 4 too (Quake Wars) although super modified.

Comment

bright colours in an action game?

*dies of shock*

Comment

Bethesda finally decided to release the footage shown 3 months ago in Cologne behind closed doors. the game still suffers from framerate issues, most of them are covered by massive motion blur. however, the game concept based on co-op gameplay including changing classes and objectives on the fly looks promising at least.

Comment

I'd moved away from most things Bethesda (same with Bioware) have had a connection to as, for me, I usually end up finding their games to be soulless retreads. However, this is really starting to make an impression and I'm glad the footage lives up to the previews I've read so far, Splash Damage seems to shaping something great here. My eye is firmly on this one.

Comment

Bah, no cover and no grounding in any sort of base reality - I mean how can you conjure different guns out of nowhere? Or pull a robot sentry of of your 'bag of holding'. I COULD get past the changing classes via cyper-punk type changing chips/software uploads but c'mon let's work to a certain set of rules - unless of course this game has magic

Comment

Gamestop have apparently leaked the date for this as 7th September.

Comment

Awesome! I know it wasn't ingame but that was ace.

Comment

I would say that this has the potential to be 2010's equivalent of Borderlands.

But right now with the DLC, Borderlands is 2010's equivalent of Borderlands

Comment

Nice video. But I guess that what with this and Fallout New Vegas in deveopment we won't be seeing the next installemnt in The Elder Scrolls for a while.

Comment

Are either of those games Bethesda developed? I know NV is being developed at Obsidian, and isn't this Splash Damage? I'm sure (I hope) they're hard at work on ESV now anyway.

Comment

Ah, didn't realise Bethesda weren't developing Fallout New Vegas. So, yeah, as you say, there's still hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                          I would say that this has the potential to be 2010's equivalent of Borderlands.
                          I'm hoping the same. Really like what I've seen of this so far.

Comment

Brink

Saw a advert for this for the first time on IGN today looks really nice.

Some nice game play videos on there looks alot like borderlands gameplay wise. (EXP per kill etc) Hopfully will see some more of this at E3.

Release date: 03/09/2010

Comment

I saw this game for the first time a few months back and it looks and sounds brilliant. It's also got some Mirror's Edge style free running in the game and aesthetically looks really nice.

Here's a small video with one of the developers showing off some of the movement etc: http://www.giantbomb.com/how-to-play...brink/17-1842/

Comment

That SMART system looks pretty interesting, this game is now on my radar

Comment

Working...
                                X