No announcement yet.

Brink - Bethesda's new game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brink may not be out until spring 2011, but it's already so well defined that half the world's games journalists could …

That's the first information I've read about this (Seen a few pics/videos). Colour me intrigued, although the potential for griefing seems very high indeed.

EDIT: Just noticed from previous posts this also appears to have slipped. Yet another spring 2011 game...
    Last edited by Number45; 08-07-2010, 12:10.

Comment

New dev diary, they should probably stop saying that stuff. Going to blow expectations way too high

More lofty claims from developer Splash Damage, as the latest developer diary for Brink boasts that the game blurs the lines of genre beyond definition.

Looking forward to it...it has LEAN woo

Comment

I just got invited to the beta of this but hadn't even heard about it before.

Comment

Really like the style of this and hopefully it gets more of a following than Q Wars did. They fully deserve the success. Just a wonder whether to get for xbox of pc...

Comment

How do you get beta invites?

I'd suffocate a puppy to play this.

Comment

I got on ps3 beta. Played a teeny bit last night, but most of my games were crippled by lag. Stood at the start moving at 0.2 frames per second.

Comment

Out on May 20 2011

Excellent, I'm hoping this one really delivers

Comment

Good news! It's now out May 13!

Comment

I am trying to decide if to order the PC version or Xbox version. I really don't want to go through the whole BF:BC2 thing of ending up with both, also can't afford to ATM. Any of you guys having a preference maybe it will help me decide?

Comment

It's a squad based shooter, so go with whatever platform your squad gaming mates use

Comment

Yeah that is the problem, my mates from uni are saying PC. My ex-colleges are going Xbox. There will be more of them on Xbox but that also might mean a full squad.

Comment

I've been looking forward to this for ages but now it's nearly here I'm getting distinct vibes that it might not be worth picking up. The single player is a fairly redundant feature it seems and the real trouble is how team work focused the multiplayer seems to be geared towards which other games have shown to be a mistake as generally gamers will inevitably lone wolf it anyway regardless of what the devs have put in place.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                            the real trouble is how team work focused the multiplayer seems to be geared towards which other games have shown to be a mistake as generally gamers will inevitably lone wolf it anyway regardless of what the devs have put in place.
                            It depends on the game. rtcw and et on the pc are arguably the best multiplayer fps there have been, and were both the better for an emphasis on objective and class based gameplay. My concern with Brink is that, like Quake Wars, it looks a fair bit slower than the older ww2 games. That an ironsights - which are the devil and explain the slowness. Still, it's not CoD and it's not BC, which is a massive plus in my book! I'm also looking forward to seeing how the free running pans out.

Comment

When they announced it the free running aspect looked quite good but after Mirrors Edge and Crysis it's lost a little of its appeal for me, mainly due to familiarity. I've watched some of the vids showing the game off and many of them have the player covering the same 10 foot space of the map repeatedly. I'm concerned many will skip this for LA Noire and the community will fold quick like to so many other games.

Comment

A nice vid. I like the look of it but the lack of reviews is worrying. I don't know whether to give it a week and then trade for LA Noire or skip altogether

Comment

Working...
                                X