20 pence help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 pence help

A friend of mine has one of the rare 20p pieces thats in circulation at the mo (its definatley genuine, i was going to run off with it ).

Was just wandering if anybody had any ideas about selling it.

Ebay seems the obvious choice, but it is littered with people cleverly wording thier auctions to sell normal coins. The going rate seems to be somewhere between 200-300 pound but then there is this one.

Can't understand why some are going for much more money.

Any help appreciated.

That thread has been hijacked by numpteys. I've got a roses tin full of 20p's that i will have to check through if the rare ones are worth a couple of hundred quid a pop. I didn't even know

Do a google search for rare 20p pieces
    Last edited by NemesiS; 04-07-2009, 09:11.

Comment

Hope this is helpfull...

Comment

One went on eBay the other day for over £5k!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Skinny View Post
          One went on eBay the other day for over ?5k!
          F*ckin hell!!

I doubt they wouldve reached S. Wales tho, so my luck is out

Comment

It's on e bay now, fingers crossed lol

Comment

i looked through my change box the other day. had about 200 20p's and was feeling pretty lucky. sadly, not a sausage.

All I ended up with was stinking coin hands that smelled like big mac sauce!

Comment

I read an article on this in Saturday's issue of The Sun. A girl found one in her change after buying something at a tuck shop, and the coin ended up going for ?7,100 on eBay. Apparently there's 200,000 coins like that one in circulation.
                I did find two of the new 20p coins in my wallet, but they had dates on them, booooo!

Comment

The Mint will pay £50 for one, because it wants them out of circulation as soon as possible. But naturally coin collectors are going to pay more than that...

Comment

Yeah ?50 from the mint, e bay has settled down now, around the ?200/?250 mark now which is pretty good considering it's a 20 pence piece!!

Comment

Working...
                    X