1 vs 100 (XBLA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
    Can't believe how quickly the time went.
    My thought too! Vroom. 2hrs. Done. Gone. Advert breaks were a bit of a bore, but even so, the time flew by.

Comment

Seemed fun. First game I got into the mob and then the host disconnected

Every other one I was in the crowd. great fun, and played for about an hour and a half.

Comment

The most fun the girlfriend and I have had playing a game together for months. Can't believe 2 hours just whizzed past. The announcer was only on for two minutes, get the feeling they were stress testing it as with the occasional adds.

Given that in the final version there will be real prizes how do people expect them to fund this without adverts?

Comment

Need more variety of adverts. Loved the live stuff when it worked, was good.

Comment

It's a bit of a give away when people buzz as soon as the first answer pops up.

Also some guy beside me got a really easy question wrong, and it said no one got any wrong?

Comment

Not if they're wrong.

That would've been referring to The Mob, not The Crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                Not if they're wrong.

That would've been referring to The Mob, not The Crowd.

Well if 3 of them answer quickly it seems obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                  I think they can pick/chose which games are region-encoded... Tonights was Great Britain, but if you look ahead at the Football one, you'll see it says European gamers.
                  Doesn't look like that'll help me though, as unless it decides to include "Japanese" gamers I'm screwed. You would think a UK gold account would suffice, or dare I say it a UK IP address - especially when they are happy to use this to identify me as a UK resident when they're blocking me from content on the JPN store. Double standards in a very ****ty way, from my position.

Comment

Agree with what has been said, enjoyable and the time did fly - enjoyed the Wii Sports odd one out question.

I understand it is a Beta however reviewing the stats someones average time to answer was an unbelievable 0.133 seconds? Didn't know God was playing.

Anyway looking for to the upcoming Football themed episode.

Comment

I was playing along, I think my average was about 85% for answering. I made the mob once about a third of the way through, but the stupid guy got the first question wrong, so that was that! Ended up back in the crowd for the rest of the evening...

Originally posted by PeteJ
                      Weirdly though, I got an instant answer on the first question scoring about 800 points and yet I was still about 200 points behind the leaders - how is that possible?
                      There has to be some lag somewhere, I can't see it otherwise. Because I fell into the same category a couple of times, I answered so fast it was unbelievable for almost all of one round and was still a gap between me and the top three (like about 400-500 points) by the end. I checked one person's stats, said he answered a question in eight hundreths of a second. How?! I was averaging about 0.4 for one round.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Just seen this posted by Stepto (wielder of the Xbox Live Banhammer) on Twitter:

protip: if you play 1v100 and are good, dont have a variation of "suck my balls" as your gamertag. oooo banned.

Comment

It was great, but has anyone mentioned how technically impressive it was? The stats said at its peak, there were 77,000 gamers on there...it was flawless for me, zero errors, just perfect.

Would have been nice to get into the mob (at least) in the 2 hours, but given there were 77,000 people playing then you have a 101 in 77,000 chance of getting "in" the game.

I didn't mind just partying up with friends and playing, but I wonder if people's patience would run out when they'd paid for a "season pass" and never, ever get into the mob or one. I think it's magnified when you see some of the numpties in the mob getting the most easy questons wrong.

I will say though, I was deeply disappointed to see that the next live show is the 30th of August, especially when the US beta players get 2 live shows per WEEK.
                          Last edited by Jebus; 11-07-2009, 11:01.

Comment

I'm guessing there was more than 1 game going on at anyone time otherwise nobody would ever get a go.

Me and my friend both ended up in th mob at the same time but I could see there were about another 10 people in my friends list playing and they definately weren't in the same game.

Anyway it was really cool, I found it really tense trying to get the right answer with the hope of winning real prizes (I didn't realise they weren't real in the beta)

Comment

Superb game, loved trying to answer the quickest. I never managed into the mob once last night.

Maybe just as well as Stella was affecting my reaction time.

Interesting to see how things pan out with what Mr G quoted and people with dodgy gamertags.

I would applaude M$ if they ban anyone from playing with a dodgy name as most of them are pre-pubescent little kids who spoil live for everyone .

I still say we should have an over 21 or over 25 server on live !.

Rant over .

Comment

well this got me back onto the 360 in a long time me and a few mates and few beers which was a laugh was in the mob the whole 2 hours nearly came 1st but wait for this one hit the wrong button on the Wii fit question, was gutted, it was fun and something different.

Comment

Working...
                                X