No announcement yet.

Board games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a NINTENDO themed monopoly when I was in New York 3 years ago I still havent opened as I dont know anyone that likes board games

Comment

Try Articulate

Comment

Originally posted by RuBiQ View Post
        I bought a NINTENDO themed monopoly when I was in New York 3 years ago I still havent opened as I dont know anyone that likes board games
        You just reminded me that I have that same set...and havent played it.

Comment

I enjoy the occasional game of Talisman, but, good God, can a single playthrough take all night to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            Blokus.

It's great for all the family. I think one of them is for up to four players.
            you sir are a hero. that game is excelent.

also i reccomend risk. not for everyone and very very long, but a great game

Comment

Originally posted by Red or Alive View Post
              I enjoy the occasional game of Talisman, but, good God, can a single playthrough take all night to finish.
              Never ever get into 'Diplomacy' then. A game of that can last weeks. And end friendships and relationships.

Comment

Finally found Zombies!!! but trying to convince people to play it is a different matter. Looking forward to weeks of bothering people until they play it and then realise it's a good game after all.

Comment

Absolute Balderdash is a brilliant game!

Some friends and I played one new year's eve and we rushed in to the lounge and sing Auld Langs Syne at midnight then rushed back to carry on playing we were having so much fun!

When you play Absolute Balderdash, the better you are at telling a fib or two, the more likely you are to win. This is the world-famous hilarious bluffing game where you try to "con" your opponents into believing your made-up answers to a weird and wonderful collection of Words, People, Initials, Films and Laws.

Absolute Balderdash positively encourages bluff and double-bluff as contestants pit their wits against one another, by dreaming up and writing down wild and wacky (or positively serious!) answers to the bizarrest of questions.
                  How would you define "twangdillo"? What is it unlawful to keep in Scottsbluff, Nebraska? (Real answers: The sound made by playing a ukulele and Snowballs in the icebox!)

The hilarity really starts when all these phoney answers are shuffled up with the correct one, and read aloud. Players then try to work out the right answer, and those whose made-up answers get picked score a move on the board. Just because an answer sounds right, it doesn't mean to say it is. Often, the most ridiculous ones turn out to be true. That's what makes Absolute Balderdash so different.
                  Highlight has to be the movie questions! You get a film title with a real plot, but everybody has to invent their own too. The round leader reads them all out and you get a point if you guess the right answer and if somebody thinks your synopsis is the correct one.

The number of "erotic thrillers" that were being suggested was brilliant!

Make sure you get the "Absolute" version with the movie questions.

Comment

Thread buuuump! Half a decade!

Anybody played any good board games of late?

I've a friend who's into them in a big way and we have monthly game nights.

Tonight, we played "Sheriff of Nottingham" and "King of Tokyo". The former is a bluffing game and the latter is dice rolling battle.

Both are great fun but King of Tokyo is right up my kaiju-loving street!

Is it worth me elaborating seeing as nobody has posted in nearly six years?!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Thread buuuump! Half a decade!

Anybody played any good board games of late?

I've a friend who's into them in a big way and we have monthly game nights.

Tonight, we played "Sheriff of Nottingham" and "King of Tokyo". The former is a bluffing game and the latter is dice rolling battle.

Both are great fun but King of Tokyo is right up my kaiju-loving street!

Is it worth me elaborating seeing as nobody has posted in nearly six years?!

My brother works for Wayland games & he's obviously massively into Board games so I regularly get told about what's Hip & Trendy

I'm mostly interested in getting into the Batman game at the moment & definitely keeping my eye on this

Neil

Comment

I saw the Ghostbusters game the other day, but it's really expensive! Plus, glow-in-the-dark dice is nice, but you can't play the game in the dark!

What games do Wayland make, Soundwave?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I saw the Ghostbusters game the other day, but it's really expensive! Plus, glow-in-the-dark dice is nice, but you can't play the game in the dark!

What games do Wayland make, Soundwave?
                          Wayland don't actually make anything but they are one of the biggest retailers for Board & miniature games

Up to 20% off Games Workshop, top wargames, board games, miniatures & more at Wayland Games - Europe's largest independent retailer of tabletop games. Discount Warhammer 40k, X-Wing, Infinity, Malifaux, Magic as well as more savings on all tabletop games.

Staff discount ahoy lol

Yeah the game is pretty priey but Wayland have done a retail backing by all accounts so once they get some I should be getting one that way

Although the Mass Hysteria pack with the special edition packing is looking tempting still

Neil

Comment

Ah, cool. We're about to start Star Wars: Imperial Assault.

$125 is crazy talk for that Mass Hysteria pack! They're blasting through the stretch goals, but I imagine all those add-ons will make the game ridiculously complex.

Comment

Star Wars: Imperial Assault is pretty great! We've had a few sessions with a couple of friends. It's kinda like the old Hero Quest brought to more modern times with better rules (plus it's Star Wars!). You can play a campaign where the characters get experience and more skills and better equipment, have side-missions, get Luke Skywalker or Chewie as an ally, and even if the players lose a mission the narrative continues, because sometimes the Empire just is too powerful (and Darth Vader showing up doesn't make things easier). It's a hard game though for the heroes, but then again our Imperial player was a pretty experienced board game player who didn't pull any punches and played totally mercilessly.

In any case, you'll most likely have a lot of fun.
                              Last edited by Guts; 28-02-2015, 23:00.

Comment

i have seen board games be the ruin of many families

Comment

Working...
                                X